Chapter 18

He said nothing in reply. He just reached out to her with his right hand, and she took it. He pulled her up, and they stood face to face. Erik wrapped his arms around Christine's waist and pulled her close to him. He pressed his lips against hers as she ripped the mask off of his face and carefully tossed it onto the couch, making sure it landed safely out of the corner of her eye. Christine giggled as Erik slid his hands onto her hips. She remembered that she was supposed to save her kisses for this exact moment, and roughly pressed her lips to the pulse point of Erik's neck, earning a quiet groan from the back of his throat. She wrapped her arms around his back, hugged him firmly, and nestled her head into his neck. He placed his hands on her waist again, closed his eyes, and buried his face in her hair. He had always loved her hair... The way it bounced when she would run, the way light reflected off of it on a sunny day, how soft and fluffy it was...

Erik and Christine stood in their embrace for several minutes.

"Oh, Erik... I'll never leave you. Ever. Please trust me..." Christine whispered.

She giggled as Erik picked her up and carried her to her room while whispering soft words of adoration into her ear. She leaned her head against his chest, and was asleep by the time Erik reached her room. He set her down on her bed and tucked her in, stood up, and gazed at her sleeping form... Just like he had done 2 years ago. He severely wanted to touch her, even stroking her hair would be enough for him, but he withheld himself. He knew that he needed to practice self- control, since he didn't want to anger Christine in any way. He started walking away, when he heard a soft mewing sound. He turned around to see Christine staring at him with big, pleading eyes.

"Do you need something, my angel?" Asked Erik.

"Erik... Do you still sing?"

"I do, although I haven't in a few days since I have been busy with a new project."

"...Could... Could you sing for me? Please?" Christine begged.

Erik sat down on the side of her bed.

"Of course, mon ange... I know the perfect song... I wrote it a few years ago, and I'm sure it will help you sleep."

Christine tried her hardest to listen to the whole song, but she was so tired that she was asleep before it was halfway over. She hardly realized that the lyrics spoke of Erik's unending infatuation with her, and about how his love for her would always remain somewhere deep in his heart, no matter what happened. (Aw) When the song ended, Erik quietly left Christine's room and went to his own. He laid on his bed and picked up both a brown book with a leather cover, and a calligraphy pen from his bedside table.