Chapter 25

Remembering that Monday was a work day, Erik took a glance at his pocket watch, then looked back towards Christine.

"I'm going to be late for work if I do not leave soon... Would you like to come with me?" Erik inquired.

"It's alright, I think I'll stay here and clean. The bookshelf might need some dusting." Christine responded with a small smile.

"If I let you stay here, you must promise me something."

"Yes, angel?"

"No exploring dark tunnels or secret passageways. I don't want you getting trapped in a snare again." Erik said with a serious tone of voice.

Christine nodded, her cheeks still burning brightly. Erik smiled, stood up, and walked upstairs to finish preparing for work. Christine didn't move from the comfortable couch. She figured she could start cleaning once Erik left.

A few minutes later, Erik descended the stairs with his normal mask on.

"Have a nice day, angel." He said as he strode over to the couch and caressed Christine's curls, causing her to giggle.

"Have fun at work! Don't use the black scarf on any other women, alright?" Christine teased.

"The trick of the black scarf was created for you, and you alone. I may use it again when I feel it is necessary..." Erik said with a smirk.

"Oh, Erik... Have a nice day." Replied Christine in a loving tone.

"Goodbye, Christine."

"Goodbye, Erik."

He quietly slipped out of the castle, leaving Christine to begin cleaning. She gathered her supplies and set off to destroy the evil dirt and dust hiding in the crevices of the great building. She began with the tea area, then moved on to the kitchen. The last time she tried exploring the castle, she didn't get to see every room due to the secret passageway she had discovered. She tiptoed up the stairs and walked to the hallway where her bedroom was. Her room was already clean, so she walked past it. She reached the end of the hallway and came to a tall, regal black door.

"Erik never told me to avoid a black door..." Christine thought as she opened it.

She gasped as her eyes hungrily took in the astounding scenery before her.