4: february 24th, 2015.

luke.

~:~

tuesday.

"britney." michael suddenly cut her off – thankfully – and seemed almost frightened as he stared at the door next to them. "andie has math with you. did she leave the room before you walked out?"

both luke and his friend looked at britney, waiting for a response. unfortunately, she kept her mouth shut and gulped nervously. that was all the answer they needed.

as if on cue, andie's figure appeared beside them, the significant flannel bouncing against the lower part of her body as she walked past them. luke's stomach twisted uncomfortably and he sighed out loud. he felt bad; she obviously heard their whole conversation.

"oh god." he muttered and contemplated on going after her and apologize for what britney said. michael noticed how his eyes flickered around and gave him a slight push.

luke really didn't need anything else – he left his friends to follow andie, preparing what the hell he was about to say. when he was in her reach, he doubtfully grabbed her arm, causing her to flinch like a maniac and turn around.

"what?" andie spat while taking a step back and clenching her jaw.

"i'm sorry for what she said." he replied bluntly, swallowing a lump in his throat.

"don't be. she's right, you know."

luke scanned her face in disbelief of what she had just said. he didn't like it one bit how she thought that something a judgmental girl uttered was right.

"no, she's not." he countered, shaking his head quickly. "you're not pretending, you're just different, and that's so foreign to people. they don't want to accept that."

"what's your deal anyway? why are you so damn defensive over me? just leave me alone and let people talk. it doesn't bother me." she said before storming off, but luke was quick to register her sudden movement. he forcefully grabbed her upper arm and dragged her to the nearest bathroom, pushing them both inside and locking the door. "hey!"

"will you stop walking away from me?" luke said slowly, looking at her with tired eyes, whereas andie looked like she could kill him in a heartbeat.

"i can't believe you just did that." she said in disbelief, jerking her arm away from his grip.

"neither can i." he muttered, not knowing where his sudden boost of confidence came from. looking into her eyes though, almost made his knees tremble in fear.

"you seriously think that not one single person just saw you drag me into a bathroom? i'm this close to punching you." she hissed back, gesturing a thin amount of space between her index finger and thumb.

"are you mad over what she said?" luke asked with a frown.

"no?" andie almost laughed, saying it like it was the most obvious thing in the world. "i told you, it doesn't bother me at all. why does it even bother you?"

"because unlike everyone else, i know you. you're not pretending, but this side of you isn't all of you either. you may be rude, mean and cold, but you're nice when you want to be." he argued, shaking his head slightly.

"first of all, you don't know me." she stated and squinted her eyes at him. "second of all, i'm not nice. it's just who i am. just because i smile every now and then at you or laugh at your stupid jokes doesn't mean i'm nice. it just means i'm tired." she sent him a fake smile at the end, trying to reach the door handle but he blocked her from doing so.