epilogue.

australia, victoria.

andie had grown familiar with the new area now, done adapting to the new changes. she had allowed herself to loosen up and get friends, some that actually liked her from the moment they met her. crystal — despite hating to move — had grown fond with the place too, especially since she and andie spent more time outside with kind people.

the graduate had managed to get a job almost instantly thanks to her mom, at a café. a basic starter, but she enjoyed the small place and it wasn't so bad serving customers considering they were all so nice. her mom's new boyfriend wasn't all too bad either; he was a very fun and modern guy, thankfully, with a son about andie's age.

so andie had a stepbrother named andrew, whom crystal adored since he treated her like a real sister. andie was a little more distant, but occasionally they played video games or talked about general things. she couldn't exactly complain. moving away from their dad was a great choice; but then there was luke.

the two still spoke and kept being in touch, but it was so hard not to actually be with each other. she kept most contact with calum and diana too, but that wasn't half as frustrating. one time she visited sydney again, but that was only for a weekend.

"hey." andrew joined her side on the couch, noticing her forehead crinkle instantly. "you okay? you've got that..."
he started, gesturing to his own forehead. "thing."

"oh, yeah." she laughed and shook her head a bit. "i'm fine, just thinking."

"about luke?" he guessed right, a symphatetic look on his face. andie sighed and gave him a soft look. she never knew what to say when it came to this topic since it only weighted her heart, but andrew always seemed to do. it sometimes drove her crazy. "it'll get easier."

"now, how do you know that?" she questioned with a light frown.

"because i've been in your situation, remember? yes, it's hard, yes you'll miss him for months. but you're still just teenagers, and one day you'll meet in the middle once you've decided what you want to do with your lives. i swear to you, that day will come faster than you realize. emma and i didn't meet for, like, a year before we got back together and worked something out."

"you and emma broke up." she remarked and raised one eyebrow at him.

"for other reasons. not because of the distance." andrew quickly reminded her and smiled as she suppressed a grin. "you'll endure it, because it'll be worth it. don't you have work to attend?"

"he's right." crystal chimed in and warmly smiled at her big sister. the young one had grown so much these past months, both physically and mentally, and that amazed andie so much.

"yeah, yeah. don't you have homework?" andie retorted and watched crystal grow a pout. she laughed, pecked crystal's head and gathered her essentials.

after informing the house that she went to work, andie walked the way to the café and smiled at a few acquaintances. once inside, she got herself ready and stood behind the counter.

"ponytail." her co-worker whispered as she passed her. andie put her hair up in a ponytail with a huff, hating herself with her hair up. "oh right, there was something i was supposed to tell you."

"which is...?" andie dragged out, a curious look on her face.

"i can't remember. crap."

andie closed her eyes because that's one of the most frustrating things people could do. she shook her head a bit and then started her daily work routine; make sure there's coffee ready, take the customer's orders and serve them with a kind smile. anyone from her old school wouldn't recognize her.