Chapter 2

As soon as Nandini stepped out of the cabin, a smile crept on his face. The great Manik Malhotra ,the ever serious, arrogant, reserved man was smiling like an idiot. And why? Because sometimes it's your heart which beats faster than your senses.

Manik's pov

Again late, I am soon gonna be so mad. God!!
Ask me know how I spent these 4 days. How I spent these days WITHOUT HER, without her all time chattering. Without her cute antics. Without her smile. Without her magical voice and now when I finally saw her after these terrific days I couldn't even describe what I felt. Finally I could see her everyday now.

But why was she so quiet?? Why just a sorry?? This is not so Nandini Murthy I know.

Wait!!
Is she all right??l What if she is not well? What If she is sick?

Pov end

Outside his cabin

As soon as Nandini came out of his cabin, she met her female collegue and a very good friend, Mishika ( a hard working girl, she is an experienced employee of Malhotra heights, a practical woman)

"Hi dear, I was looking for you, and asusual you were late!! Nandini how many times I told you to be on time but no, late night movies, dinner and parties have spoilt you." She said in an angry tone.

"Not you mishi, not again. Abhi vo khadoos se lecture sun kar arahi hoon. I know I was late but aise koi chillata hai....monster!!" Nandini said irritated.

"Ok, ok, relax. But next time keep this in mind. By the wau, how was your four days long vacation? Hope you had fun with your best friend." Mishika asked her almost teasingly.

"I tell u Mishi, you really missed something very good. It was the coolest vacation I ever had. I enjoyed it to the fullest and Abhimanyu, he was as usual by my side all these days. He tolerated me a lot and guess what!! he introduced me with his girlfriend. She was so beautiful." she said excitedly remembering the holidays.

"What girlfriend? He has a girl friend? I thought you and him...shit!! How fool I was!! leave it..." Mishika bit her tongue as she thought there is something between Abhimanyu and Nandini.

"Why are you so shocked?? Wait!! Don't tell me you thought-" Nandini was cut off in between.

"Nothing!! nothing that sort. Oh!! Nans, I think you should go and give coffee to your monster now. You know about his temper then." Mishika said divertig the topic.

And she succeeded.

"I m so dead now." She said and ran to make his coffee.

After making his coffee, Nandini moved towards his cabin but she saw SOHA (a female employee who had a crush on Manik. She wanted to be his secretary but she was rejected and Nandini took that place and now she has a grudge against her.)

Soha reached there with a coffee for Manik to impress him. She knocked the door and was permitted to come in. Manik was so engrossed in his work that without looking up, he permitted her to come. He thought it was Nandini, so as soon as Soha kept the coffee on table. He picked it up and said before taking the first sip.
"Thank god you are here. I really needed this. Your coffee is my saviour. This headache is killing me."

Soha smirked listening this.

Manik took a sip of coffee and next second the coffee was out on the floor. Manik spat it out.
"Yuck! What the hell! Nandini, what is this?" He said and looked up. He was shocked to find Soha. His anger rose up. He got up and shouted
"What the hell Soha!! what are you doing here? and this coffee?? Is this what u call a coffee? where is Nandini? where is my coffee dam it?"

"Am here sir, and this is your coffee." said Nandini coming from the door. She was observing all this from the door. As soon as she saw Manik spitting out the coffee, she burst out laughing. She knew Manik would surely react like this and somewhere she knew soha's intention also. Some people never change.

"Soha who asked you to come here with my coffee? You should know I loke Nandini's coffee and don't you have any work?" Manik yelled.
Soha was now scared and stammered....
"Sorry Manik I-" she was interupted by Manik.
"Its sir, you better get it clear."

"Sorry sir..actually I thought Nandini was late asusual so I thought you might want your coffee" she explained.

"Thats none of you business . What Nandini is doing? Why she was late? When she is late? That should be out of your concern and no need to worry about me please. Nandini is there to care of that. She is there for me.. Mind your own business. I hope you did what u were told to."he said.

"Yes sir, its almost done."

"Almost? I want it on my desk in I hour." he ordered.

Soha rushed out hearing him.

There was one more person who was shocked. Manik defended her, "she is for him"...though the fan girl Nandini was dancing but the the secretary Nandini found it a bit weird. The Manik Malhotra was saying all this just for his mere secretary but little did she knew, for him she wasn't just a mere secretary but a lot more than that. May be EVERYTHING? He can do anything for her. If it was in his hands he would have never let Nandini work as his secretary, leave secretary he would never let her do anywork. Manik Malhotra was in deep shit. He was in love with this girl. It was not love at first sight, but a simple attraction which slowly and gradually turned to love. Her simplicity and innocence was something he was fan of . She was as beautiful as his favourite stars. She was the one whose smile made his day, whose tears broke his heart. She was his life and she was his death but he was scared somewhere, that like others too he will loose her....like he lost his friendship,his family. He will loose her too, so he thought its better to stay like this in a professional relationship rather than making it complicated, atleast for now he can see her daily and keep his eyes on her whether she was fine or not....this was his feelings his pure love for which he could do anything...

A manan story:-Our blissful relationship...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें