Chapter 65

"Complications??" Manik asked till under a shock.

"Hmm..complications. This is not a regular adoption procedure Mr. Malhotra. First of all, you're not married and I have told you about this. But the point is not only about your marriage, here." Mr. Sharma explained Manik.

"Then what? I thought it's just one hinderance I have to bear with this process." Manik said.

"Actually, there is a lot more. Firstly, Mia is not an orphan, both her parents are alive. If not her father under legal terms but her mother is. Her mother can claim that Mia is not of Malhotra family. On top of it, she is 18. Adopting her will be tough." Lawyer explained Manik and he nodded in affirmation. This was going to be a very tough task.

"But there should be something right? Some amendement or any code that will allow me to have Mia with me forever. I don't want to lose her." He stood up and kicked the nearest table.
"I just want her to be here with us. Neonika will go to any extent to proclaim her and take her rights. I don't want that dammit." He yelled frustratingly.

"Relax Manik. Yes, its nearly impossible to adopt Mia as your daughter but I didn't said that she cannot accept you as her legal gaurdian. I mean come on, every situation is a two way road." Mr. Sharma said with a smile keeping his hand on Manik's shoulder, making him look a bit calm and shocked as well.

"Is that possible?" He asked.

"Of course, it's good that I know your family history. Being a very good friend and a lawyer to your father for 10 years, I know what Mia is for this family. She is 18 and cause of that her parents do not have any legal rights on her. She is free as a bird. Even if Mrs. Mehta claim Mia to be her daughter in the court , the case will shut down automatically if Mia says no to it. And moreover young man, Mia was born and brought up here and as Malhotra. All her documents, birth certificate, medical reports state that she is a Malhotra. Your father had given all rights to her same as you. This makes our case more stronger." Mr. Sharma had made Manik, the happiest person on earth by now.

He never thought this way, if he cannot keep Mia with him,so what? Mia is 18, she can stay here forever. And nobody, no bloody outsider can take her away from him.

"If you say, I can start preparing the papers. We have a little time I guess."

"Of course Mr. Sharma. No need to ask me. I need the documents asap. And thank you very much. Thanks a lot. I might get a sound sleep tonight." Manik thanked and shook his hands with him.

They both started going down when suddenly Manik stopped him.

"Mr. Sharma, please do not break this news to anyone. Not even Mia, I wanna know her decision, first." Manik requested and Mr. Sharma patted his shoulders and nodded.

The party was at it's full swing. Manik with a happy dent smile came in and started looking for the one, he needed the most. He scanned the area and smiled when he saw her talking to Mia with a glee smile on her face.

"Ahh, bhai is here. Where were you big brother?" Mia asked as he advanced towards them. Nandini saw him his blest and chipper face. She could tell he was happy about something.

He too looked at her and smiled his best. She asked a what? with her expressions and he blinked twice, enough to tell her that he is super happy and will tell her soon.

"Ahem!!" Mia's fake cough distracted them.
"If this 'aankhon hi aankhon me ishara ho gya' conversation is over, can we know where were you bhai??" She asked crossing her arms.

"I was in my study sista. Just cracked a deal with 100% profit." He exclaimed showing his teeth.

"Kuch nahi ho sakta mere bhai ka. Haina?? Bhai, you know, di was all alone here. Mukti was with Alu. Cabi and Navya are working on themselves and dadi was busy with guest. I sometimes wonder, it's me who is in relationship with di not you." Mia keep on going, while Manik shook his head and quietly took Nandini with him.

A manan story:-Our blissful relationship...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें