Chapter 82

"I want the deal Aditya. No matter what, I need those papers ready in 30 minutes." Mia heard Manik shout as she dropped her ears near the door.

She sighed heavily and looked up.
"Aisa mere sath hi kyun hota hai?" She murmured.

But to her bad luck, before she could even turn,the door of Manik's study turned open and there stood a very angry Manik. Mia's eyes broadened as she realized him standing next to her.

"Congratulations Mia Malhotra, your dead end is next to you." She murmured and slowly turned.

Gulping down she gave a very awkard smile to him which he gladly did not return. He glared at her which was enough for Mia to know what he was asking for. She stepped ahead and was going to enter the study but dadi interupted in between.

"Manik? You have already come and didn't even meet me. Instead Nandini came and wished me so I thought I should meet you myself." She said and hugged him. He too hugged her smillingly.

"So sorry dadi. I got a call for a very important deal so I was kinda busy and moreover needed to build some conversation with my very important clients." He said the last line eyeing Mia. Mia looked away as if not getting any clue what he is talking about.

"Ahh Mia, why you standing here? I told you to bring the papers from the library. Ms. Agust has already compiled them, make sure you don't jumble them up." Dadi ordered her. Mia nodded and quickly vanished from their to bring the so-called papers. Manik sighed and shook his head.

"You should also freshen up Manik. And then come down, lunch is ready." He noded and went to his room.

Dadi released a sigh of relief and called Cabir.

"Ji dadi."

"Cabir,Manik is here. And I am afraid he might not accept the gift."

"Dont worry dadi. He is stubborn but loves Nandu a lot. He will atleast think about it." He assured.

"But Cabir, What I am afraid of is Mia. Manik won't take another moment to know if she is acting or actually antagonized. I wonder what will happen when the truth comes out Cabir." Dadi said.

"Chill dadi. Nothing is wrong. Mia is doing great. Its tough for her but we all know it's for their good. For how long will Manik be a shadow to her. She too needs to be standing on her own feet." He said. Dadi hummed and the call soon ended after Cabir promised to there soon.

Mia ran towards her room and locked it.

"How will I lie to him? What will I say? One word and he will get it in a second that I am lying." She whispered pacing back and forth.

"Something needs to be done. But what? Think Mia think. You cannot go infront of him not when its for his good. For their good. I cannot even make an eye contact with di. She'll be so furious. She won't trust you Mia. You are in a deep trou-"

A knock disturbed her thoughts.

She turned the knob and opened it. And there stood a smiling Shubh.

"Look, I am seriously very mad right now. You don't want your day to get spoil so better go away. Shoo." And the door was closed on his face with a bang.

"Is she crazy?" He said to himself and again knocked. Again the door got opened and a pillow landed on his face.

"Not on the face Ms. Malhotra." He shouted.

"I told you not to disturb me. Which part of this sentence is in french that you didn't get." She shouted.

He looked at her with a poker face and stepped in.

A manan story:-Our blissful relationship...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें