Chapter 80

"Bhai, if you gotta chose one out of both us, whom will you chose? YOUR SISTER OR YOUR GIRLFRIEND? Tell me honestly."

What is it exactly called? Haan, thunderbolt, bombshell, thundershower, a stab perhaps? And BOOM! you hit a big big reality. Yes, its actually happening. Yes, Manik was asked a question he can never answer. He never thought of. He never expected in his life to cross his path. He never knew his sister out of all the people will ask him this.

"Huh?" Was the answer he gave.

"Lets forget it Bhai. Lets forget I asked even." She said but he stopped her.

"No wait!! What is it Mia? Whats with this question and all?" He asked getting a little irritated.

"You need to answer me bhai not question me back." She said in serious tone.

"Mia Malhotra I am not in a mood to answer any of your stupid questions and you know that very well. But if you have said anything to jaan that you wish you should have not said, call and apologize." He ordered.

"I said nothing bhai. Nothing, but the truth. Truth which should be realized as soon as possible. I think I did a pretty good job in that. And Thank you bhai for answering my question. I now know whose your first priority. Who knew a brother like you can also leave a sister like me. Well, thats all I want to say. You also did a pretty well job hiding truths about her past. Good going bhai. You're actually whipped." It took a long minute for Manik to analyse what she said and another minute to react.

"Kisne bataya tumhe Nandini ke baaare me?" He asked in a grim tone.

"Jisne bhi bataya bhai. Thats not your concer-..

"It is my concern. Can you listen to me Mia Malhotra, it is my bloody concern. When it comes to Nandini it is only my concern. Now tell me who told you about her." He shouted getring up. Anyone if heard would have fainted right there.

"You shouted at me for her."  Mia whispered through the phone and the call ended.

Manik sighed in frustration and threw the phone on the  couch

"Damm it!!" He shouted.

Not every story is a happily ever after. Not every relationship is ever lasting. Not every path is smooth and greesy. It has bumpy rides and also dead end. Till a few hours every thing was quiet, peaceful, serene. But just one phone call, one person and a few words destroyed everything.

Well, sort of.

If a person wants to know the truth, he should and has to dig in his past. A flashback is a gift that pinpoints the space and time where a wound was created and its opening is an announcment that a time for healing is present. What Mia said was on phone and what Manik heard was her voice. Definetly not her actions and not her expression and the reason behind this bizaarre behaviour.

(Flashaback-Malhotra Mansion)

"Bye Bhai. Bye di. Take care and...come soon please." Mia came shouting from her room to the living area as Manik made an irritating face.

"We will come when we feel like." He said.

"I didn't say that to you." She replied. "Di, come soon haan. I am gonna miss you." She said hugging Nandini.

"We will Mia. Just a day and we'll be here." Nandini said hugging her tight.

"Okay if your greetings are over, shall we?" Manik asked approaching them. They broke the hug, Nandini stepped aside to give Manik space. He took Mia's hand and said.

"I am going and dare you Mia Malhotra to do any such thing which will force me to come and punish you hard this time." He warned.

"Dara kyun rh ho?" she asked.

A manan story:-Our blissful relationship...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें