Chapter 57

Next day

This morning, everyone had a smile on their faces. The wake up alarm wasn't needed to wake them up. It was the zeal in them to get up and start up the day with a huge smile.
Everyone was happy and excited about the upcoming day. It was sangeet in the evening and hence the work load was doubled up.

Mia hopped out of her bed after finding the other side of the bed empty. Bhai must have gone to check on Nandini di. She thought.
Getting herself ready for the day, she went to Nandini. Last night, she tried convincing Nandini to let her sleep in her own bedroom and that she can spend time with Manik. But Nandini being hell adamant did not budge for once. Lastly, Mia was forced to sleep with Manik. Manik had teased her for hours after they settle down on bed.

"You should probably know Mia Malhotra that Nandu sirf meri baat manti hai. " Manik said facing her while lying down on bed.

Mia glared at him. "O Mr. Malhotra,don't raise your value. Its just one time that she spoke in a little loud tone. And that too was for my benefit. Little did she know that this is no less than hell sleeping with you in one room. Oh,I miss my bed." She replied and turned her back at him.

"Really Mia, not once but twice my dear. She scolded you twice today, remember when you were persisting her to let you work. She literelly ordered you to sit at one corner, you were sulking there. And FYI,you used to sleep with me in this hell till you were 15. You were scared of darkness Mia." Manik mocked her and smirked. Mia said nothing. What else she could say, true, she was scared of darkness but being the ever daring Mia, she fought against it and succeeded.

"1 for Manik, 0 for Mia. Awww, poor Mia." Manik taunted her and slept.

Mia curled her fist tightly in anger but slept waiting for the next day.

Mia knocked at Nandini's door but no one opened, she went towards dadi's room downstairs. But there too no one answered..

"Where on earth these people are??" She muttered irritatingly.

"Bharat uncle." She called one of the butlers.

"Good morning Mia baby. Aap ko kuch chaiye?" He asked politely.

"Good morning to you too Bharat uncle. Haa, kya aapne in sab bade logo ko dekh kya? Koi apne room me nahi hai." She asked.

"Sab log to bahar garden me hai. Vo shaam ko sangeet hai na, to usi ki tayaari me busy hai." He answered.

"Theek hai. Aap jaaiye. Thank you." She replied and dashed out.

Mia came running into the garden and frowned looking at her family members working together and giggling. She was the only one left out. Her nose scrunched up and eyes decreased to a smaller size.

She stomped her foot towards them and stood there keeping her hands on her waist. But still everyone was busy with their part of work, cgatting and chewing the rag. One corner was occupied by dadi and Nandini, the other with Manik and Abhi with the guests, Dhruv with his father, Aliya with some of her college friends, who joined them today and rest with Mukti, Cabir and Navya with their respective assistants.

"Had hai...matlab kisi ko meri value hi nahi hai." She mumbled in a much audible tone that gained everyone's attention.

"Good morning to you too Mia." Cabir loudly shouted at her.

"Good morning Mia." Nandini said as she approached her. "So how are you today? Slept well?" Nandini asked carresing her hairs. A small smile spread on Mia's lips. The anger vanished quickly in the morning breeze.

A manan story:-Our blissful relationship...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें