Chapter 4

"Thank you for the delicious dinner Mrs. Haddock." Jack praised politely. "You're very welcome dear! It's not everyday I get praised for my cooking" Valka says nudging Hiccup and Stoick.
"You're cooking is the best" they chant together smiling. "Yeah, yeah," Valka says waving them off, knowing they don't really mean it. "Jack and I are going upstairs to my room," Hiccup says as he's already beginning to ascend the stairs. Jack smiles politely and follows his friend up the stairs.
"So what do you want to do now?" Hiccup asks. Just then they hear scratching at the door. It's Hiccup's pet cat named Toothless. He found the little kitty as a stray with a missing tooth. That's why he's named Toothless. Hiccup walked over to his door and Toothless pounced inside and hoped onto his bed. "I don't know," answered Jack as he walked over to pet the ebony colored kitty. "Wanna watch a movie?" Jack asks as he picks up the cat in his arms and give him an Eskimo kiss. "That sounds like a great idea! What movie should we watch?" Asks Hiccup as he walks over to his movie shelf. "I know!" He pulls out Tangled and waves it in the air. "My friend Rapunzel just stared in a movie! Let's watch that!"  Hiccup pops open the DVD player and places the disk inside.
The movie started right away, and the two boys plopped onto the couch. "7am the usual morning line up..." Sang Hiccup, "start on the chores and sweep 'till the floors all clean." Jack laughed as Hiccup sang every line correctly. By the time the song had ended Jack was in tears. "Y- you're a wonderful s-singer!"