Chapter 8

"Morning mom!" Hiccup says cheerfully, immediately sitting at the table and putting a napkin on his lap. Jack sits next to him and does the same smiling. "Pancakes today!" Valka says smiling setting down a plate of pancakes in the center of the table. "Your pancakes are always the best," Stoick praises. If you looked carefully you could probably see the reflection of pancakes glimmering in Stoick's eyes.
"Help yourself boys!" Valka laughs, reaching into the fridge for the maple syrup, then walking back to sit with everyone. Stoick instantly reaches for the top four pancakes with his fork. Next was Hiccup, he grabs two, and so does Jack and Valka. "Please pass the maple syrup," Jack asks politely. "Of course!" Valka smiles, happily passing the bottle.
When breakfast is over everyone helps to clean up. "Thanks for the help boys, Stoick and I can take it from here. You are free to go."
"Thanks mom!" Hiccup smiles rushing out the door, Jack right on his heels.
"Hey look!!" Hiccup points and waves, "Hi Tuffnut! Hi Ruffnut!" The twins turn and wave back. The girl, Ruffnut looks at her brother and mouths something inaudible.  Next thing Jack and Hiccup knows they were rushing towards them at top speed.