Chapter 9

The twins crashes into Hiccup, tackling him to the ground. Jack stood by, doubled over in laughter. The twins then started quarreling with each other, arguing about who got there first. Hiccup hoisted himself up on his feet grunting slightly. "Thanks, Ruff and Tuff, I wanted to be knocked to the ground today." Obviously they didn't hear him because they showed no sign of responding. Instead both whistled and their two headed dog came bounding out from the house. Jack and Hiccup silently tiptoed away and entered the dense forest.
"Are they always like that?" Jack asks.
"Yeah, today wasn't that bad though. One day Ruffnut punched Tuffnut so hard that he got a black eye." Hiccup replies chuckling softly. "Oh wow." Jack answers eyes widening. They continue through the forest, Hiccup leading the way because the forest is like a second home for him. When the arrive at the cove Hiccup takes off his shoes and stick his feet in the cool water. "Nice and chilly!" Hiccup giggles. Jack copies him and dips his feet in as well. "Yup you're right" he laughs and pulls his feet back out. "Too cold for me" he sits cross cross applesauce and laughs. They sit in silence as Hiccup trails his feet through the water, water droplets covering his legs and ground around him. "So," Jack says softly. Hiccup looked at Jack and smiled. The silence didn't bother Hiccup this time. Both friends lay on their backs and gazed p at the bright blue sky above, enjoying each other's presence.