Chapter 1

"Guys, I really don't want to go out tonight," I winged for about the fifth time.

"Yes you do," Chris responded.

"No. I don't," I replied scowling.

"Dan, it's going to be great!" PJ added excitedly. I groaned.

"But Mario Kart is great? So is pizza?" I tried.  And failed.

"Come on Dan, I promise it'll be fun," Chris said slipping his jacket on.

"Please. Pretty pretty please," PJ begged batting his eyelids at me. I rolled my eyes and finally relented.

"Okay. Fine. But I'm not dragging the two of your drunk butts home at four in the morning," I said huffily. PJ jumped up and down clapping and Chris smiled.

"Let's go then!" Chris said and we all piled into his tiny car.

*******

The bass of the music vibrates through my skin and bodies are pressing in all around me making it hard to breath. Everyone's hearts beat in time and they all dance, sing and scream. I need some space.

"I'll go get us some drinks," I shouted to Chris and PJ. Chris was dancing and elbowing so many people I don't think he noticed but PJ nodded. I pushed my way through the crowds in the club and got to the bar and got us all a beer. As I was elbowing my way back to Chris and PJ I bumped into someone and fell over pulling them down with me and spilling beers all over both of us.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry," I say quickly to the black haired boy in front of me. He looks at me and for a minute I'm lost in the gorgeous shade of his eyes. Like the most gorgeous shade of blue.

What the hell am I thinking??

The boy smiles slightly, getting to his feet and he offers me a hand, I accept it and he pulls me to my feet.

"It's alright, don't worry about it. It was probably my fault,"

"No really I'm sorry. I've ruined your shirt!" I said looking at the drenched top of the boy in front of me.

"It's fine don't worry. I've got more," the boy responded with a slight smirk. His voice was so...

I need to stop. What am I thinking?

We stand just looking at each other for a minute. His eyes stare into mine as if he can see every part of me. I don't really like this feeling so I drag my eyes away from him.

"I...I'll see you around. I guess," I say awkwardly turning around to try and find PJ and Chris, forgetting about the drinks. A hand grabs my wrist. I stop and turn around to look at the beautiful blue eyes boy.

"Dance with me," he says softly. I'm surprised I can hear him over the noise but then I realise how close were standing. I nod slowly and he smiles at me. I smile back.

We're dancing right in the middle of the crowd. Moving together with the rest of the crowd jumping, singing and laughing. It seems like hours go by just dancing, i begin to get tired and gesture to the boy towards the bar and he nods and we push our way through to get some drinks. It then hits me that I don't even know his name.

"What's your name?" I say as we reach the bar.

"Phil," he responds smiling. "What's yours?"

"Dan," I say.

"That's a nice name," he says, his lips pulling up at the corners. "What do you want to drink?"

"Erm...a cherry coke please?" I say. What was going on here? This boy was so beautiful and seemed so interesting even though I'd hardly had a single conversation with him. Yet, I was straight, wasn't I? Do I care? Probably not.

"Come on," Phil says, "live a little, tequila shots?" He adds smirking. I hesitate.

"Okay. Let's do it," and Phil smiles so brightly at me and orders two tequila shots. When the barman gives them back we count to three and down them together. It tastes bitter going down my throat but feels good. Just then PJ and Chris appear beside us.

"Dan! Where have you been?" Chris says.

"We've been looking all over for you!" PJ adds "I thought you were supposed to be getting us drinks!"

"Oh my god, I completely forgot. I'm so sorry guys!" I respond quickly, feeling guilty that I'd completely forgotten about them. I look at Phil who smirks and raises his eyebrows at me.

"It's cool," Chris says. "Who's this?"

"This is...my friend...Phil," I stutter slightly and Phil laughs slightly.

"I'm Chris,"

"I'm PJ, we're Dan's friends," PJ adds smiling.

"Hey, nice to meet you," Phil responds.

"Should we dance?" PJ asks.

"Yeah!" Chris yells running off back into the crowd with PJ following quickly on his heels. I look at Phil and he grabs my hand pulling my into the crowd and once again we're dancing right in the middle of the crowd. Sugar, We're Going Down by Fall Out Boy starts playing and I squeal slightly yelling to Phil that I love this song.

"Oh my gosh! Same!" He yells back and we laugh and sing the words at the top of our lungs not even caring about all the people around us. And we jump and act crazy and dance and I decide that Chris and PJ were right; this is fun.

Sugar, we're going down swinging.
I'll be your number one with a bullet.
A loaded god complex, cock it and pull it.

The song finished and just as it does, Phil grabs my waist and pulls me towards him and his lips crash into mine and he kisses me. I'm shocked at his first before I kiss back and he smiles onto my lips. Then he pulls away and we start dancing again. I have no idea what is going on here. But I like it. I like Phil.

We take more shots. I get drunk. We dance. We laugh. We sing.

********

"Favourite animal?" I slur.

"Lions. Obviously," Phil responds.

"Lions are cute," I say.

"No there fierce and dangerous and feisty," Phil defends.

"And cute," I add.

We're sitting outside the club on the curb of the road, just talking. It's nice. My brain is completely fuzzy from all the alcohol and I haven't seen Chris or PJ for about an hour.

"Fine. They can be cute as well. What about you? What's your favourite animal?" Phil asks.

"Llamas," I say smiling at him.

"I like llamas too," Phil says quietly resting his head on my shoulder. I smile. We sit in comfortable silence for a while and then Phil phone rings.

"Hello?" He says slowly answering it. "...Yep, no. Of course not. ...Okay, well... Like...maybe a little. ...I'm sorry. Yes. I know, I know...okay. Yeah. Okay. I'll see you in a bit," Phil puts down and turns to me. "I've got to go,"

I'm slightly disappointed but I try and hide it. "Okay," I say quietly.

"It was great meeting you Dan," Phil says standing.

"You too Phil," and then he's gone.