Chapter 15

At the end of the film we don't care about the neighbours waking up and we all dance on PJs bed to All In This Together. We don't know all the words but we sing at the top of our lungs and try to copy the dance moves. That doesn't really go to plan.

PJ switches off the laptop and we sit on his bed.

"Do you think we should get some sleep?" I ask. "It is half 2," I turn to look at Chris and see he has already curled up with his eyes struggling to stay closed. PJ laughs.

"I think that's probably a good idea," and he starts faffing around with sorting the mattress on the floor before rolling Chris off the bed and onto it.

"Night Dan. Night Phil," PJ says. Chris mumble something that sounds vaguely like that and we all settle down to sleep. Phil and I on each side of PJs double bed looking at each other.

"Night Dan," he says quietly.

"Night Phil," I reply before turning over and falling quickly to sleep.

********

I rub the palm of my hands into my eyes to rub the sleep out of my eyes. And turn over. Sleep is so nice. Why do people have to wake up? I sit up groggily and notice PJ and Chris curled up on the floor, I smile at them. Just then the doors open and Phil walks in carrying a cup of tea. He smiles at me.

"Morning!" He says quietly.

"Morning," I respond.

"Do you think we should wake them?" He asks taking a sip of his tea and looking at Chris and PJ.

"Maybe in a minute. They look so peaceful," I say laughing and standing up. Sleeping in jeans was a truly horrible idea.

"Do you want a cup of tea?" Phil asks taking another sip of his own.

"I'm alright at the moment thanks, is the electricity back on?" I ask stretching.

"Yeah, everything seems to be working," he says smiling. He looks at me for a second as if contemplating something. "I'm sorry," he says, I frown. "About last night," he clarifies. "I didn't... Mean for you to... See. It's just that-" he stutters.

"Phil," I cut him off softly. "It's okay. You don't have to tell me anything but I'm here. I'll always be here if you want to talk. Okay? And just don't worry. Everything in life has its own way of fixing itself. You'll be okay," I say taking a step towards me.

"Will you come with me?" He whispers. "To the hospital. Today?" I smile sweetly at him.

"Of course," I whisper back. We stand there for a second and Phil's eyes look so sad that I just want to hug him and make all that pain go away. I tear my eyes away and look down at Chris and PJ. "Want to wake them up?" I ask. He smiles, puts his mug down and nods.

"Yeah," he says and on the count of three we both jump on top of them. I receive another slap from Chris. I should've remembered he doesn't like being woken up. I rub my jaw as I sit up to the groans and grumbles of Chris and PJ and the laughs of Phil.

"Seriously? Do you always feel the need to wake us up so cruelly?" PJ asks and I stick my tongue out at him.

"Deal with it, Liguori," I say and offer Phil a hand to help him stand up which he accepts and smiles gratefully at me, I really really love his smile, I realise I'm still holding his hand and let go.

"Ooooh what's going on here?" Chris asks wiggling his eyebrows. I raise my eyebrows at him just as PJ hits him with a pillow. I turn to look at Phil and see he's laughing but also blushing. Could he like me? Probably not. I need to stop trying to know because I'm going to make myself crazy. At least he trusts me, he's taking me to the hospital with me that's good, I guess. He probably doesn't even want a relationship right now with everything that's going on.

We make our way downstairs and they all ask me to make them breakfast again because apparently my burned toast was good. I manage not to burn it this time and quickly make myself a cup of tea before sitting down with the rest of them at PJ's kitchen table.

We don't talk much as we're all quite tired and just sit enjoying our breakfast, it's 9:30 when we start clearing away our plates and Chris announcers he needs to go get his car back off his grandma and leaves.

"I should probably get going as well," I say as I put my mug in the dishwasher and close it.

"Yeah me too," Phil says smiling.

"Yeah, of course. It was fun having you over. I'll see you soon," PJ says as he walks us to the door and waves us out.

"See ya," I call as he shuts the door. I walk towards my car but don't open the door. Phil is stood by his car.

"Are you still...coming?" He asks uncertainly.

"I wouldn't miss it," I say smiling trying to reassure him that it was okay. He smiles weakly in response.

"I'll pick you up at 12," he says and gets in his car waving shyly before driving away.

He was so damn cute. I open my car door and get in and quickly drive home.