Chapter 14

"Hey Peej!" I say as he opens the door. I hand him the bag of food as I quickly step over the threshold.

"Hey Dan, the others aren't here yet. They'll probably be here in a minute," he says smiling and I kick my shoes off. "I was just making a hot chocolate. Do you want one?"

"Yes please," I say following PJ into his kitchen and hopping up into his kitchen counter.

"We have chairs you know?" He asks raising his eyebrows with a smile whilst pouring milk into two cups.

"But there's just something so liberating about sitting on tables and surfaces, you know?" I say not moving.

"I'm sure going to feel liberated eating my breakfast on that tomorrow," I stick my tongue out at him and he smiles.  Suddenly the door bell rings. "Could you grab that?" He asks balancing the mugs as he walks over to the microwave.

"Yeah sure," I say and jump down from where I was sat and walk out the door to the kitchen.

"Hey Phil," I say when I answer it, and he smiles.

"Hey Dan. How are you?" He asks as he steps inside and I shut the door behind him.

"Good thanks," I say quietly.

"Good," he says and smiles. We walk through to the kitchen together after Phil had dumped his shoes and coat.

"Hey Phil," PJ greets. "Do you want a hot chocolate?" He asks.

"Yeah that'd be great thanks," Phil answers politely. I jump back over to my spot on PJ's counter and he frowns at me.

"Shut up Peej," I complain.

"I didn't say anything," he said pouring another mug of milk. Phil laughs quietly. "My mum and dad are away for the weekend so we've got the house to ourselves,"

"Where's Chris?" Phil asks

"I'm not sure. I saw him earlier at the shops but he left kind of quickly," I say watching as PJ walks silently over to the microwave to swap our mugs for Phil's. There's a knock at the door.

"That would be him," PJ says and I go answer the door.

"Finally!" Chris says. "I've been knocking for ages!" And he steps inside shivering from the rain.

"You know PJ has a doorbell, right?" And Chris sighs.

"I forgot," I laugh at him.

"Why are you so wet?" I ask and we walk through to PJ and Phil.

"I had to walk. My car...my grandma has it," he finishes.

"Right, and why does your grandma have your car?" I ask nodding and smiling as we go into the kitchen and Chris dumps his bag of food on the side.

"None of your business Daniel," I frown at him but ignore it.

"Heyo," Phil greets and PJ nods as he mixes the chocolate powder in with the hot milk. A loud clap of thunder sounds outside and PJ jumps spilling hot chocolate powder and milk everywhere.

"Shoot," he says as he grabs paper towels to clear it all up.

"Well done," I say laughing as I bend down to help him, soon followed by Phil and Chris when we're done PJ dumps all the paper towels in the bin.

"How about I make the drinks. Again. And you guys sort the snacks and pick a film to watch?" We all nod and PJ starts making the hot chocolate again. I grab the popcorn and pour it into a bowl and Phil grabs the sweets from our bags and pours them out into bowls. We grab the bowls and walk into the lounge where Chris is already bent over PJ's DVD collection.