Chapter 41

Dan's POV.

"I miss him," I say to Chris and PJ for about the tenth time in an hour.

"We know Dan, so do we," PJ says from the chair beside my bed. Chris doesn't answer just smiles at me.

"Why hasn't he called me yet?" I wonder allowed.

"He's probably still in the car," PJ says logically.

"I guess so," I say sadly.

"Okay, right stop this. No more moping. I get you love Phil but I'm not having this for the next three weeks. I also get you're ill but seriously stop pining, let's do something to take your mind off it," Chris says jumping up from the other chair and flicking through the the box of things mum had brought from home.

"Okay," I say quietly checking my phone again.

"Oh yeah and I'll take that," Chris said tugging it out my hand.

"Oi!" I say reaching for it.

"You're going to make yourself blind from the amount of times you're turning it on and off," PJ says.

"That's impossible," I say grumpily.

"Oh lighten up. If Phil rings I'll give it back to you but until then stop moping about," Chris says and I cross my arms huffily.

"Come on let's watch a movie," PJ says and Chris picks one and puts it into my laptop and switches it on. I don't really pay attention I just keep looking at my phone which is Chris' hand until he notices and frowns at me and slips it into his pocket.

I sigh and turn back to the laptop and try to take in the movie. I've just about understood the plot when my phone vibrates in Chris pocket and I jump excitedly and hold out my hand. Chris rolls his eyes but hands me my phone anyway. I excitedly switch it on.

1 New Message - Phil Lester

I grin widely and unlock my phone to read it.

Hey Baby, sorry I didn't text earlier I couldn't get any service in the car which was a super long, awkward experience. His house is nice I guess which kind of helps but I miss you a lot. I'll get settled in and ring you later tonight? How are you feeling? Miss you already. Love you ;) xxx

I read it quickly and smile and type a quick reply.

Hiya! I'm feeling good thanks, my head hardly hurts anymore I just wish they'd let me out of here. I'm getting sick of this hospital bed. I miss you a lot. Can't wait to talk to you later. Love you too :) xxxx

Chris holds out his hand to take my phone back and I just raise my eyebrows and shake my head. He sighs but turns back to the movie anyway.

Phil and I text for a bit longer and I pay slightly more attention to the movie. Then the doctor comes back to give me some tablets and Chris and PJ leave. Mum visits on her way home from work for a little while and Phil rings me in the evening and we talk for about an hour and a half and make arrangements for the weekend and he said his dad would be able to drive him up to visit. I cheered up a lot when he said that. I wished him good luck at school tomorrow and we said goodbye.

I swallowed my evening tablets and quickly fell asleep.