Chapter 42

When Phil's dads car pulled up in front of my house I was sitting in my spot on the sofa which I hadn't left since being let out of the hospital. I let out an excited yelp and jump off the sofa and run outside.

"Dan! Be careful. You're supposed to be resting!" Mum calls to me but I ignore her and fling the front door open and run outside and jump straight into Phil's arms wrapping my legs around his waist.

"Hiya Dan," he says laughing into my chest. I remove my arms from his neck and put them either side of his face and kiss him. I pull away smiling brightly and drop my legs from Phil's waist and fall back to the floor.

"Hi," I say quietly. Phil turns and gives his dad a small sheepish wave and he drives away and then I grab his hand and tug him inside. "I missed you," I say and close the door behind us pulling him towards me again and kissing him. "A lot," I say when we break apart.

"I missed you too," he says smiling dropping his bag on the floor and wrapping his arms around my neck and kissing me again. He pulls away, "you know I should probably go say hi to your mum, and we should probably move into the house, you know rather than just being stood by the front door,"

"Good idea," I say pecking him on the lips and taking his hand again and pulling him towards the kitchen to where mum is.

"Hiya Phil," she says walking towards him and hugging him.

"Hiya Julie. How are you?" He asks politely.

"Good thanks. The house seems quieter without you. And Dan's grumpier all the time," she says lovingly poking me in the side and I stick my tongue out at her and Phil smiles sweetly at me. "Can I get you a drink?" Mum asks.

"Yeah a coffee would be great thanks," Phil says.

"You can take your stuff up to Dan's room if you want and come back for it in a minute or two?" She offers and I nod and take Phil's bag from him and we run upstairs. When we get inside he jumps on my bed.

"I missed this," he said wiggling about and I laugh and lie next to him. "And this," he says and leans over to kiss me. Again. He rolls onto his side so he's above me and licks my lips, I open them and deepen the kiss. He places his hand on my cheek and I pull him closer to me.

"God, I really, really missed this," I said against his lips. I pushed Phil back onto the bed so I was above him not breaking apart out lips. Our tongues danced inside our mouths and I melted into the kiss tangling my hands in his hair. Phil groaned slightly and I smiled against his lips. "Okay we should probably go back downstairs before my mum comes looking for us," Phil laughs but nods.

I roll off him and he sits up and offers me his hand and pulls me up. I stumble slightly and he catches me.

We get our drinks and snuggle on the sofa under a blanket rewatching episodes of Buffy whilst mum sits on her laptop doing work and for a while everything seemed to be just like it used to be.

The weekend passes in a blur of kissing, cuddling and watching Buffy. We talk for hours at night about his house and his school. He's made some okay friends but he misses us. I miss him too.

When it's time for Phil to leave it seems even harder than before.

"I can't come next weekend baby, but I'll come down for my birthday and hopefully I'll be able to stay after that," Phil says sadly when we're stood at the door.

"Okay," I say quietly.

"Don't be sad," Phil say softly pushing my chin upwards. "This weekend was amazing,"

"yeah," I whisper, "it was," and I kiss him one last time and then he squeezes my hand and walks to his dad's car. I give him a small wave and then he's gone.