Chapter 25

"You sure you want to go?" I ask again.

"Yes. I'm sure," Phil replied smiling as if to prove he was okay.

"You don't feel pressured?" I asked.

"Not at all Daniel. I'm fine. Really," Phil said carefully. "Come on, let's go," he said and grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the door.

********

"Phil!" Chris shouted loudly as we entered history and I winced slightly as everyone's head turned to look at us. I gave Phil's hand a reassuring squeeze and we walked to our seats by PJ and Chris.

"How are you? I feel like I haven't seen you in ages!" PJ says smiling brightly.

"I'm good thanks," Phil says with a weak smile of his own.

"I'm really sorry about what happened," PJ says and Chris nods solemnly.

"It's not your fault. No need to say sorry," he says smiling again.

"Alright everyone settle down," the teacher calls and everyone who was talking or still looking at us turns back around. "Welcome back Philip but now let's get back on shall we?" And with that the lesson began and everyone seemed to forget about us.

My hand stayed in Phil's the entire lesson and I kept looking over at him for signs of regret at doing this.

"Dan," he whispered.

"Yeah?" I replied quietly.

"Please stop staring at me. I promise I'm okay. Don't worry," he whispered back.

"Sorry, I just really want to make sure you're alright," I said smiling sheepishly.

"And I am. So shut up and focus," Phil replied bumping my arm and smiling at me.

"Okay," I whispered back and turned back to the front of the class.