Chapter 31

"Are you sure you're all packed?" Mum asks. Again.

"Yes. I'm sure," I say rolling my eyes.

"Okay. Well good. Stay safe," she says leaning forward and kissing my cheek and giving Phil a hug.

"We will," he says.

"See you soon mum," I say with a little wave and I get in the car with Phil.

"Alright. Love you," she calls and we drive off to Chris' where we're meeting the others before going to the log cabin.

We pull up into Chris' house and get out just as PJ is pulling his suitcase out of Chris' house.

"Jeez PJ. How much stuff do you need?" I ask.

"Well it's for emergencies...and stuff. Yeah. Thinking about it I probably could've left half of this stuff at home. Oh well," he says with a shrug and carries on struggling to pull the suitcase down the drive.

"Are we going in Chris' car then?" Phil asks and PJ nods.

"Okay. I'll grab our stuff," I say and go back to the car to grab our bags.

"Okay. I'm here!" Chris declares happily walking out of his house with his bag.

"Well, it is your house," Phil says.

"Yes whatever. Okay. Yeah. Right anyway let's get going shall we?" He asks and I nod as I lock my car and put mine and Phil's bags alongside PJ's in the boot of Chris' car.

We all get in and buckle up. PJ is sitting in the front, Chris is driving and Phil and I are sitting in the back. I'm leaning against the door and Phil's legs are stretched across my lap.

"Okay. Let's go," PJ says and Chris pulls out the drive.

"Okay. Right. So I might get a bit lost. I've never actually driven there without my parents but I've got some maps. And PJs great at map reading," Chris says and I groan.

"I'm terrible at map reading," PJ says confused.

"But you did DofE!" Chris says.

"I failed my DofE," PJ says.

"Ahh, well, great," Chris muttered.

*********

Five hours later and Chris has absolutely no idea where we were.

Chris had parked outside a gas station and had gone inside to ask someone to help. PJ and Phil had fallen asleep. He was now curled into my side with a blanket over us.

A minute later Chris came skipping back to the car.

"I knew it! I knew I recognised that church!" He said happily.

"You said that about the last three churches we've past," I commented.

"Yes but I had a special feeling about that last one," he said starting the car again.

"Okay. So do you know where you're going now?"

"Yes. Well, I think so," he said and I groaned. "Have a little faith Daniel,"

"How long do you reckon it will take us to get there?" I ask. "Preferably before 2016,"

"Ha ha," he says dryly. "Maybe about fifteen minutes?"

"Okay," i say and put my headphones in as Chris turns up the volume on his One Direction CD and begins singing along.

When we pull up in front of the log cabin I gently shake Phil awake whilst Chris holds PJs nose to wake him up.