Chapter 44

Two weeks of school and American Horror Story later I'm getting everything ready for Phil's birthday. We're not having a party as such but were decorating the house and having Jenny, Chris and PJ over. He was coming over on Friday night and his birthday was on the Saturday so it was perfect timing.

When the doorbell rings I squeal and run to answer it hearing mum laugh behind me. I fling open the door and he runs straight inside, drops his bag and wraps his arms around me spinning me around making me squeal and laugh.

"God I missed you," Phil says.

"I feel like that's all we say to each other any more," I reply.

"Not anymore," Phil says happily putting me down, "I'm back for good now! I'm 18 tomorrow!" He says happily.

"I know! I'm so excited! I can't believe you're going to be 18," I say taking his bag from him and placing it at the bottom of the stairs. "Want a drink?"

"Ribena's good," he answers and I grab a glass and fill it up whilst Phil talks to my mum.

I hand him his glass and he smiles cutely at me.

"Thanks Danny," he says and I frown at him. He smiles and kisses my cheek.

"So what do you want to do on your last night of being 17? Being a child?" I ask him.

"I want to be childish," he says grinning at me.

"Alright then," I say and so we watch The Tweenies and eat loads of sweets and play silly games and laugh and ride down the stairs on pillows.

"Okay I feel I've fully embraced my childhood now. Who knew being a child was so tiring?" Phil said.

"I know. They have so much energy," I say and we sit down on the sofa.

"But they're super cute and adorable and funny," Phil says and I nod leaning against him.

"I'm glad you're back," I say.

"Me too, should we go to bed? I want to get up early tomorrow," he says excitedly.

"Okay. Let's go," I say and we stand up. We say goodnight to mum and head upstairs and get ready for bed.

"Night Dan," he whispers kissing my nose lightly.

"Night Love. Sleep well," I say smiling and snuggling into his chest as he wrapped his arm tighter around me.

Okay now I actually have a couple of chapters left xx