Chapter 4

I'm sitting between Phil and Chris during History and it's one of our most boring lessons ever. And that's saying something.

"Well isn't this fun?" Chris whispers sarcastically under his breath. I snort with laughter and try to subtly cover it with a cough but it doesn't really work and I get a glare from our teacher Mrs Warner.

"Settle down," she says sternly.

"Sorry miss, he's just got a raisin stuck in his throat," PJ says quickly.

"Oh dear. That's unfortunate. Maybe we should take him to the nurse," Chris adds.

"I think we need to take him to the nurse right now, actually," PJ says and stands up as well. Chris grabs my arm and I grasp Phils wrist and we all bustle out of the room. Chris pops his head round the door.

"Thanks for understanding, Miss," and he grins before running out the classroom with the rest of us. I could hear Miss' shouts of protest but she didn't come after us. We fell into fits of laughter.

"What was that? Besides some of the worst acting I've ever seen?" Phil asks smiling.

"That was Chris and PJ being seriously over dramatic as always. I don't even like raisins. But no more history so I'm not complaining," I say smiling at Phil and we spend the rest of the lesson sitting in the library and talking and laughing and getting quite a lot of disapproving glares from the librarian.

"Chris, have you seen my chewing gum?" PJ asked after searching his pockets. Chris bites his lips.

"No,"

"Yes you have,"

"No, I haven't," Chris says louder, leaning away from PJ.

"Chris! Give it back!" And he tries to reach over to Chris' pocket but he jumps out the way and PJ jumps up after him to race after him. Phil and I laugh as they run around the room PJ yelling at Chris whilst Chris just laughs.

"Are they always like this?" Phil asks as PJ grabs hold of Chris' arm and they begin wrestling.

"Yes. All the time," I say smiling. I turn away from Chris and PJ and see Phil watching me.

"They're nice," he says.

"Yeah, they're great," I say softly. "The other night was fun,"

"Yeah. It was," Phil says quietly, we're quiet for a minute, just looking at each other.

"I got them!" I hear PJ declare and I tear my eyes away from Phil to see Chris lying on the floor laughing and PJ walking back towards us with a packet of chewing gum in his hand. He pops one in his mouth and offers them to Phil and I.

"Was it worth it?" Chris asks as he stands up and joins us at the table.

"Completely!" PJ says just as the school bell rings. We collect together our things and walk to our next class.