Chapter 9

As soon as I got home and got changed out all of my wet clothes I realised Phil still had my jacket but I didn't mind. I collapsed into my bed and pulled out my phone and slid through my contacts to ring PJ.

"Daniel. How are you, Darling?" He asked in a horrific attempt at a posh, British accent.

"I can't believe you!" I said loudly down the phone and PJ chuckled.

"Well at least I did something, tell me what happened?" He said eagerly.

"You mean after I pulled him out from the sinking mud? And stopped his lips turning blue?" I said mockingly.

"Yeah after that," PJ said, oblivious to the annoyed sarcastic nature of my voice.

"Well, we didn't talk much his chattering teeth filled the silence but he kissed me goodbye before he left," PJ squealed slightly.

"On the lips?" He asked and I felt like a gossiping 12 year old girl.

"No. Cheek," PJ squealed again.

"See? It worked!" He said happily. "He's going to think you're a hero now for saving him. It's going to be great, now for part two,"

"No. No part two. Just leave it before you kill both of us," I said hastily.

"Don't worry. Nothing else dangerous. And I'll tell you next time but I didn't think you were a very good actor so I didn't think I could tell you without you blowing it,"

"Seriously PJ. You're going to be the death of me,"

"Whatever Daniel," PJ says before hanging up.

The rest of the weekend went as I planned, video games, pizza, basic procrastination. I texted Chris and PJ a bit but hadn't heard from Phil. I didn't really mind though. I was still so confused about what was happening with him.

I feel Dan's Christmas present to Phil truly represents my life. (It's in the picture at the top) anyway sorry this is super short xx