Chapter 34

When me and Phil stand up we notice Chris and PJ have already started walking back to the log cabin so we jog to catch up.

"We weren't going to leave you," Chris says.

"Just giving you some privacy," PJ adds and I blush sheepishly and smile at Phil who grabs my hand and starts happily swinging it back and forward like a four year old.

"So what's been your favourite part of the year?" I ask no one in particular.

"When mum and dad took me on that surprise trip to London," PJ answers.

"Christmas. Duh cos presents," Chris answers

"The club. When I met you," Phil adds.

"You and Dan are seriously cheesy," Chris says.

"I meant all of you. All three of you,"

"Awe well aren't you cute?" PJ says and ruffles his hair which Phil tries to dodge by ducking.

"What about you Danny?" Chris asks.

"Christmas Eve," I say quietly.

"Why Christmas Eve?" PJ asks.

"I hate Christmas Eve because you just want it over with so you can get to the huge amount of food and awesome presents the next day," Chris adds.

"It was the day Phil first told me he loved me," I say and look at Phil who's grinning widely at me.

"Okay your cheesiness just got even worse," PJ says.

"Seriously I'm sure by this point you're supposed to be arguing like an old, married couple?" Chris asks and I just shrug.

"I'm so tired," Phil says.

"Same," PJ says yawning.

We arrive back at the cabin and take all our coats, jumpers, hats, scarves and gloves off and head upstairs mumbling good nights and happy New Years to each other.

I walk into our room and collapse onto our bed.

"I. Am. So. Tired," I say "And I don't even know why because it's not that late and I haven't been exactly active today," Phil collapses beside me.

"Same," he says yawning.

"I'm going to go get changed," I say grabbing my clothes and heading into the bathroom to get changed and do my teeth.

When I walk back into our bedroom Phil is curled in a ball with his eyes closed. He looks so adorable. How did I get so lucky? I kiss him lightly on his forehead and slip under the covers beside him, I'm just about to close my eyes when he leans over and kisses me.

"This really has been the best year of my life. Daniel James Howell you are so perfect and amazing and even though everything that happened with my mum was so shit you...made it better. You made me happy. And I felt loved. And your mum is so wonderful and she's been so amazing towards me and I felt protected which I haven't in so so long. And so...thank you. So. So. Much," Phil said quietly, leant forward to kiss me once more and then snuggled into my side and closed his eyes.

I didn't even know what to say. I was speechless. He was so sweet and kind and I made him happy. I felt a rush of happiness and pride of myself. I made Phil happy. I know he's told me before and I know mums told me. And even PJ mentioned it once or twice but with everything he just said then it seemed so much more real and amazing and I couldn't wait for a whole other year with him. And with that thought I slipped easily into sleep.