Wolf moons

I drove my motorcycle as fast as I could through the woods of Beacon Hills. When I saw the burnt up house come into my view from the small hill, I slowed down. I cautiously parked my motorcycle and turned off the motor before taking off my helmet to listen closely at my surroundings. I felt a pit form in my stomach as the only thing I smelt around me was death. I put my helmet on the bike handle before I softly made my way up the porch and opened the front door, making it creak loudly. I slowly walked inside and listening for any signs of movement. I looked over the familiar frame work of the wood in the hallway and the stair railing. I looked to the right of me and saw the living room and walked into it. The fireplace still had wood in it but it was rotten, old with age. I moved towards it before I felt a presence behind me and I was now on high alert. I snarled, letting out a low growl in warning to them before I turned around quickly, only to be thrown up against the wall while the person held me there by my neck. I looked down at who it was before we locked eyes and I watched his gaze widen.

"Amelia?" Derek asked in shock before he let his grip on me loosen and I landed on the floor.

"Who the hell did you think it was?" I asked in annoyance as I ran my fingers over my now sore throat. We stared at each other deeply, silence hanging in between us before we hugged each other in a tight embrace.

"How are you?" He asked once we pulled away and I scoffed, shaking my head.

"I should be asking you that." I countered sarcastically, tilting my head at him but he looked away stubbornly. "Hey." I added in a softer tone, putting my hand under his chin and making him look at me. "I loved her too. She was a sister to me, Derek." I said gently. We just stared at each other for a moment until we heard twigs snap from a mile away or so, making our heads jerk towards the sound.

"It's the police. Laura's body was torn in half.. They're trying to find her upper half." He stated in a sad tone and I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

"Where's her bottom half?" I asked and Derek looked back at me.

"It's being investigated." He answered and I slowly nodded and looked at the door.

"Well, then we should find it first." I stated and he rose an eyebrow at me. "She needs a proper burial, Derek." I pointed out and he nodded in agreement before grabbing his coat that was on the fireplace next to me.

"I'm glad you're back, Amelia." Derek sighed and I smiled at him. I followed him outside and into the forest as we ran, searching for the smell of blood and any indication on where his sisters body would be.
~~~~

I walked back into the house with Derek behind me as I dusted off the dirt that had gotten on my pants from digging. "What idiots would even think about going into the woods and finding half of a body? Especially while the police are there. Is this what we missed after being away? Teenage boys being bigger idiots?" I asked in annoyance and turned to Derek who sighed.

"We've been away a long time, Amelia." Derek replied but I rolled my eyes.

"Three years isn't that long—and you left two years before I decided to leave Beacon Hills." I replied in a matter of fact tone before crossing my arms over my chest. He rose an eyebrow and watched me carefully before he slowly sighed. "What?" I asked, tilting my head at him.

"You've grown." Derek stated, giving me a soft nod and I smirked.

"Wish I could say the same for you." I replied jokingly before I looked down at my watch. "Looks like it's getting late. I still have to find a hotel." I stated, looking back up at him.

"You didn't find one when you came into town?" He asked in confusion and I shrugged.

"You were my first priority." I informed. I didn't realize I sort of blurted it out until Derek stared at me for a few seconds before he nodded and folded his arms over his chest.