Regain Them

"The tunnel gate's locked. Everything's locked." I stated running down the tunnel and into Argent's bunker before Scott closed the door tightly behind me.

"Think it'll hold them off?" Malia asked coming towards the door.

"Probably not." Scott replied turning towards her breathing heavily before Lydia appeared next to me.

"Definitely not." Lydia added emotionless and Malia furrowed her eyebrows.

"You guys aren't hoping I'm going to be the optimist, are you?" Malia asked before all eyes turned towards me and I rose my eyebrow.

"This idea is just-" I started and Scott narrowed his eyes at me before I sighed. We all turned to the cold chamber that Parrish sticks himself in after he overheats and I slowly nodded. "It's stupid." I finally said and walked over towards it.

"How cold does it get?" Scott asked raising his eyebrow at the machine.

"Cold enough for a hellhound. It's not the same as an ice bath that you gave Issac but it can lower your core temperature past anything a human can survive." Lydia stated and I narrowed my eyes at her.

"So what does freezing our asses off have to do with our memory?" Malia asked shaking her head.

"It'll slow your heart rate and put you in a trance-like state." I replied folding my arms over my chest. "Like hypnosis." I added and Lydia nodded.

"Hypnotic regression. If we can figure out how to work it." Lydia stated eyeing the machine curiously.

"Well, this says start so maybe it's not that complicated." Malia stated gesturing towards a green start button as well as a red stop and I eyed the thermometer on the front of the chamber before I looked down at all of the different number dials below it.

"It's complicated." Scott sighed eyeing them also.

"So optimistically how much time do you think we need to do this?" Malia asked shaking her head at us.

"As much time as Liam and Stilinski can buy us." I replied looking back at a Scott who opened the chamber door and peered inside. He slowly closed the door again before taking off his shirt and Malia pressed the green start button. The chamber turned on and lights inside of it came on also.

"Okay. It's doing something. Are you ready?" Malia asked looking at Scott wearily. He took a deep breath and looked at me before I gave him a reassuring smile. He opened the chamber door again before slowly getting in. Lydia locked the chamber closed tightly and I nodded at Scott before he nodded back.

"Remember. This will get cold enough to kill you. So if something feels wrong or like it's not working-" Lydia started before Scott cut her off.

"It's going to work." He replied with a muffled voice.

"I hope you're not saying that because you think you know what I'm doing." Lydia stated doubtedly and I eyed her.

"He's saying that because he knows you'll figure it out." I reassured and Lydia looked at me and I nodded. "You will." I whispered and she took a deep breath. Lydia turned all four dials as far as they would go before Scott gasped and fog started appearing from inside the chamber.

"Okay, yeah, that's cold. That's really, really cold." Scott stated shivering and Malia looked at Lydia and I.

"So what are we supposed to do? Talk to him? Help him remember? Wait for him to turn into a werewolf freezy pop?" Malia asked scoffing and looking at the fog that was now covering the window to see Scott's face.

"We need to guide him." Lydia stated looking away from Malia. "Keep him focused." She added nodding and I heard Scott groaning from inside the chamber as he breathed deeply.