Mistletoe

"Idioms, analogies, metaphors and similes are all tools the writer uses to tell their story." Jennifer said walking around the room before stopping at my desk as I had music sheets scattered all over it. "Amelia, I didn't know you had so many hidden talents." She said approvingly and I rolled my eyes.

"My biggest one is hunting." I replied not looking up at her and I heard her heartbeat quicken.

"Well, that was an idiom. In a way.." She replied slowly walking to the front of the class.

"And you're an idiot in all ways." I scoffed quietly in annoyance.

"Idioms are sort of a secret to the people who know the language of them or culture." Jennifer said eyeing me and I looked away from her. "They're phrases that only make sense if you know key words. Saying 'jump the gun' is meaningful only when you know the starting gun in a race. Or a phrase like 'seeing the whole board'." She added nodding at each student.

"Like chess." Stiles whispered and I looked up at him to see the back of his head as he sat in the row next to me.

"That's right, Stiles. Do you play?" Jennifer asked smiling turning towards him.

"Uh, no. My father does." Stiles clarified and she nodded smiling at him.

"Now, when does an idiom become a cliche?" Jennifer asked the class before Scott, who sat in front of me, and I turned to Stiles.

"I'm pretty sure I can get to Ethan. I can make him talk." Scott stated and I scoffed.

"What do you want to do that for?" I asked under my breath before Scott looked back at me.

"The Druids are emissaries, right? So what if the Darach was an emissary to the alphas?" Scott asked quietly and I looked down at the pencil in my hand.

"Then Mr. Harris being taken and sacrificed would have been for something." I whispered shaking my head and looked back up at him. "And besides. There's one problem with getting to Ethan." I pointed out and Scott rose his eyebrow. "Aiden. They're always together.. Except.. When Aiden is with Lydia and Ethan is with Danny." I stated furrowing my eyebrows before I smirked. I sat up slowly and turned towards Lydia as the boys did the same thing. Lydia furrowed her eyebrows and sighed before she put her pencil down and saw us all looking at her.

"What now?" Lydia asked in annoyance.
~~~

"Why are you even talking to me? I helped kill your friend, how do you know I'm not gonna kill another one?" Ethan asked warningly looking at Stiles who furrowed his eyebrows.

"Is he looking at me?" Stiles asked looking between Scott and I before turning back towards Ethan and scoffing. "Are you threatening me? You know what I'm gonna do? I'm gonna break off an extra large branch of mountain ash, wrap it in Wolfsbane, roll it in mistletoe and shove it up your freaking as-" Stiles started before I put my hand over his mouth and gave Ethan a fake smile.

"Now he has a reason to kill you." I whispered in annoyance and put Stiles next to the wall. "We're talking to you because I know that you didn't want to kill Boyd and if something like that happened now, you wouldn't do it again." I pointed out crossing my arms over my chest.

"You don't know what we owe them." Ethan replied shaking his head slowly. "Especially Deucalion." He added quietly and I furrowed my eyebrows. "We weren't like Kali and Eddic when we met him. We weren't alphas." Ethan countered looking between Scott and I.

"What were you?" Scott asked confused and Ethan sighed.

"Omegas." Ethan stated and I rose my eyebrow. "In actual wolf packs, omegas are the scapegoat. The last to eat. The one who has to take the abuse from the rest of the pack." He added scoffing.