Factoring

"Scott.. I don't want to risk it." I stated as I stood in the doorway of the front door and Scott shook his head.

"Amelia, you're in control now. Nothing is going to happen. If it does, I'll be there." Scott replied and I didn't waver which made him sigh. "What we're up against needs both of us.. I can't do this alone." Scott whispered and I stared at him as he stood in the parking lot of the house before I looked passed him to see Bret's sister..

"Lori?" I asked emotionless as she stood behind Scott and he turned around.

"I found this." Lori stated gesturing towards a broken lacrosse stick she held.. And on the end of it was blood.. A lot of it. "It's Brett's and he's missing and I heard gun shots." Lori added and Scott grabbed the bloody weapon in his hands.

"How do you know this is Brett's blood?" Scott asked and I shook my head.

"Because it's her blood too." I stated and Lori nodded at me. I looked at Scott who was staring at me before I sighed.. "If I lose control.. Promise you'll stop me." I added and Scott nodded at me.

"I promise." He replied before I sighed and looked down at the broken lacrosse stick.
~~~~

I narrowed my eyes at the bloody arrow that was lodged into a tree before I looked at the distance it covered. "I think he set a trap." Liam stated gesturing to the ground to see Brett's phone below us and Lori grabbed it.

"So he's fighting back?" Scott asked and Lori sighed and pulled the arrow from the tree shaking her head.

"But he's still hurt. We need to find him, he needs to know we're here." Lori said determined and turned towards us as she was about to let out a howl but Malia put a hand to her mouth.

"You want the hunter to know we're here, too?" Malia asked in annoyance.

"He's new. We can take him." Liam pointed out and I folded my arms over my chest and listened to them silently.

"What if Brett howls back? He'll lead the hunter right to him." Malia stated and looked at Scott.

"No, we can find him first. There's no human that can track sound faster than we can. We've got the advantage, we've done this before. We know what we're doing, guys." Scott nodded and looked at me as I stood there skeptically.

"How come I can't catch his scent?" Malia asked as Liam took the arrow from Lori.

"He's masking it." Lori replied which made Malia scoff.

"Can someone tell him not to?" Malia asked and I rolled my eyes before Liam's heart rate quickened.

"He went this way!" Liam said loudly as he found faded footprints in the dirt before running off with Lori behind him.

"His trap didn't work." Malia stated shaking her head at Scott and I.

"Well, maybe he's not such an amateur." Scott countered and I shook my head and stared at the footprints in the dirt to see something off.

"Or maybe he's learning.." I stated emotionless before I ran after Liam and Lori.
~~~~

This is where the trail ends." Lori stated and I knelt down to see the blood that we've been tracking in the dirt stop.

"Maybe he just stopped bleeding." Scott suggested and I eyed the blood.

"I-I think we should split up. Lori and I go this way, you three go that way." Liam said and I stood and Lori shook her head.

"Maybe go in five directions." Lori suggested and Malia scoffed.

"We're not splitting up." Malia stated and Liam eyed her.