Code Breaker

I shivered a bit as the lights in the boys locker-room turned off before Derek let a small lacrosse ball run across the floor leading Scott into the showers and he sighed in relief. "Thank god. Where the hell have you been? Do you have any idea what's been going on!" Scott asked only in a towel before I jumped down from the rafters hanging from the ceiling and he jumped. Derek and I both looked behind him as Peter slowly came from the shadows. Scott rose an eyebrow before turning around and looking at Peter who held a lacrosse stick.

"I really don't get lacrosse." Peter stated confused as he stared at the stick in his hands.

"It was you." Scott whispered knowingly but Peter ignored him.

"When I was in high school we played basketball. There's a real sport." Peter stated pointing at Scott as I crossed my arms over my chest. "Still, I read somewhere that Lacrosse came from Native American tribes and they played it to resolve conflict.. Do I have that right?" Peter asked resting the stick on his shoulder. "Huh. Well, I have a conflict of my own to resolve, Scott. But I need your help to do it." Peter finally stated putting the lacrosse stick against the wall.

"I'm not helping you kill people." Scott stated emotionless and I smirked at him.

"Well, I don't want to kill all of them.. Just the responsible ones." Peter replied smirking. "And that doesn't have to include..." Peter said forgetting the name before looking at me.

"Allison." I finished for him and he smiled thankfully at me.

"You're on his side?" Scott asked looking back at Derek and I shocked. "Are you forgetting the part where he killed Laura?" Scott added shaking his head at us. I bit my tongue not wanting Peter to know that I truly wasn't on his side because he would kill me..

"It was a mistake." Derek replied emotionless and Scott widened his eyes.

"What!?" Scott yelled angrily at Derek.

"It happens." I added looking away from him.

"Scott." Peter stated forcing Scott to look at him. "I think you're getting the wrong impression of us." He added tilting his head at Scott. "We really just want to help you reach your full potential." He nodded and I rolled my eyes.

"By killing my friends?" Scott asked scoffing.

"Sometimes the people closest to you.. Can be the ones holding you back the most." Peter replied and I slowly looked up at Derek before I quickly looked away.

"If they're holding me back from becoming a psychotic nut job like you.. I'm okay with that." Scott stated and Peter slowly walked towards him as I clenched my jaw at Peter.

"Maybe you could try and see things-" Peter started as he held out his hands and we watched as he shifted into his claws. "-From my perspective." He added smirking before he dug his hand into the back of Scott's neck. I watched as he groaned in pain before closing his eyes in agony and Peter pulled his claws out as Derek furrowed his eyebrows. Scott fell to the cold floor before Peter slowly walked away. Derek walked after Peter and I stared down at Scott in worry before I walked after them also.
~~~~~

"Derek, we don't need to do this." I argued with him as we walked into the gym.

"Peter ordered us to, Amelia. He's my family." Derek replied not arguing but I put my hand on the gym door.

"Peter killed Laura." I stated sternly waiting for a look to come off of his face but he quickly grabbed my shoulders picking me up and moving me out of the way.

"He's still family." Derek replied walking into the gym and I clenched my jaw walking in after him to hear music blazing from speakers and Jackson bench pressing. "Nice music." Derek said grabbing Jackson's phone from the speakers and Jackson quickly got up. "Haven't heard this one in awhile." Derek added putting on a different song and I crossed my arms over my chest as Jackson widened his eyes grabbing his lacrosse stick from behind him.