Monstrous

I rose my eyebrow as I held Parrish's hands in mine and turned them back and forth confused. "You said he covered you in gasoline?" I asked raising my eyebrow and looking up at him.

"It's the hair and nails, isn't it?" Lydia asked me. "The parts of the body that are essentially dead." She added and I slowly nodded.

"Well, they should be gone." I replied crossing my arms over my chest at him.

"I was set on fire. All of me should be gone." Parrish stated scoffing and I rose my eyebrow as Derek came from the bedroom and stood beside me.

"Not if you're like us." I whispered tilting my head at Parrish who looked at me furrowing his eyebrows.

"Like you?" Parrish asked confused as he turned from Derek, Lydia and I.

"I don't think he's like us." Derek countered and I shrugged sighing.

"Then what is he?" Lydia asked confused and I slowly sighed thinking.

"Sorry, but I have no idea." I said shaking my head and looking at Derek in defeat before he shook his head also.

"But you knew about Jackson and Kira." Scott said confused as he looked between Derek and I.

"This is a little out of our experience." Derek replied sarcastically and I nodded in agreement.

"There might be something in the beastiary though. Did you try Argent?" I asked Scott who stood beside me.

"I don't know where he is." Scott replied sighing and I nodded at him.

"Okay, wait, hold on. What's a Beastiary? Actually, that's not even my first question. Just-just tell me one thing." Parrish stated and I rose my eyebrow. "Are all of you like Lydia?" He asked and I furrowed my eyebrows at her. "Are you all psychic?" He added looking between Scott, Derek and I.

"Psychic?" I asked in amusement as I rose my eyebrow at him.

"Yeah." Parrish replied furrowing his eyebrows as he looked at each of us confused.

"Not exactly." Derek replied smirking a bit and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Okay.. then what are you?" Parrish asked confused and I looked at Scott and Derek who shrugged and I slowly sighed shifting into my eyes that were a faded red.

"Well.. This isn't gonna work. Scott?" I asked raising my eyebrow sighing before he shifted and I watched Parrish widen his eyes in confusion and probably fear.. no, definitely fear.
~~~~

"What's a Kanima?" Parrish asked in confusion and I sighed in annoyance.

"We'll get back to that." Scott replied and I nodded in agreement. "Just know that everyone like us, everyone with some kind of supernatural ability, is on the dead pool." Scott added looking at Parrish who was concentrating on the floor.

"But I don't even know what I am." Parrish stated confused.

"And I'm pretty sure they don't care." I replied standing in front of him.

"How many professional assassins are we talking about?" Parrish asked eyeing me and I slowly sighed.

"We're starting to lose count." Lydia replied shaking her head.

"But is it still just professionals?" Scott asked looking up at us.

"I don't think Heigh's, my partner, ever tried anything like this. I think he was taking a chance." Parrish admitted looking at all of us.

"That means anyone with the dead pool can take a chance." Derek countered and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"But if your ex-police officer or partner had it, then who else does?" I whispered slowly shaking my head. "And how easy is it to get it now?" I added narrowing my eyes at Parrish before I looked between Scott and Derek.
~~~~