Mere Reflections

It's Thursday.. This is probably my favorite chapter in the entire book. Hope you think so too. 😊

"Hey, it's me again. I don't know why you can't seem to call me back.. maybe it's because you think you're punishing me. But this is too long, I-it's too much and it's not about us. Something's happening in Beacon Hills, to the people here. I just.. I need to know everyone there with you is okay. Can you just, please, call me? One call. That's all I'm asking for, and if you can't call me back then I'm going to get my answer, anyway. That means I'm coming up there myself. I'm coming up there myself, so just try-try to remember.. that it's my pack too." A woman stated into the phone's voicemail before Scott shut it off and I looked at him confused as we stood in the front room of the Animal Clinic.

"You pulled this off one of the bodies from the woods? From the pack?" I asked looking at Scott and Liam looked at me.

"Malia did." Liam replied and I nodded and looked away.

"Yeah, there were six dead bodies, one of them had no face." Scott pointed out and Theo, who stood next to the exit door, looked at him confused.

"Okay, so the one with no face, you think that's the woman on the phone?" Theo asked furrowing his eyebrows.

"Maybe." Scott nodded and Mason looked between all of us.

"It's the same thing that happened to Aaron. It took over his body. Basically stole his face and his DNA." Mason stated and I stood from one of the waiting room chairs.

"That means whoever this woman is, she could be the other half of the Anuk-ite." I stated and Mason nodded at me.

"Which means she's just half of the problem." Theo added next to me now and I looked at Scott. "The other half we already know about. Aaron." Theo added and Liam sighed.

"We don't know where he is though." Liam countered and Theo shook his head.

"Wait, hold on. Aren't we supposed to keep both halves apart? We know one half. Let's just go for that one, it's Aaron." Theo pointed out and I folded my arms over my chest.

"I'm not agreeing with Theo but I do think it'd be easier to track down Theo other than a voice on a phone." Mason stated and Liam eyed him in annoyance.

"That's agreeing with Theo." Liam stated tilting his head at Mason who slowly nodded.

"Yeah." Mason admitted sighing. "But I thought I'd try to soften the blow a bit." He added and Theo rolled his eyes.

"Is everyone completely shocked that I might be right?" Theo asked looking between all of us.

"No, we just don't like it." Liam replied emotionless and looked at Scott and I.

"Maybe we're all right, maybe we should be looking for both. Aaron and the woman on the phone." Scott stated and I furrowed my eyebrows at him. "I mean, since you guys agree-" Scott started looking between Liam and Mason before Mason cut him off.

"Wait, you mean me and-" Mason started before Theo cut him off shaking his head at Scott.

"And Him?" Theo finished and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah." I stated looking at the two in annoyance. "You two find Aaron. Scott and Liam will try to figure out whose voice is on the phone." I shrugged looking at the two who nodded.

"If we find the other half, maybe we won't have to fight at all." Liam stated and I narrowed my eyes at him. "Stop the Anuk-ite-" Liam started before Scott cut him off.