Moving on isn't easy

Hmmm... I think it's Thursday 😉

I walked onto the lacrosse field and saw the team practicing for their upcoming season. "Hey, good job, Diaz. Nolan, dont back down you can still take him." Scott reassured as he held a clipboard on the sidelines before one of the players scored and Scott smiled. "That's it! One of the best shots of pre-season." Scott nodded in excitement as the player rounded towards him.

"Thanks, Coach." The player replied with a smile and I walked up towards Scott as did Coach.

"Assistant Coach." Coach stated bluntly towards the player and I rolled my eyes at him as he looked at Scott. "What exactly are you doing?" Coach asked Scott in annoyance.

"Drills." Scott replied confused and I folded my arms over my chest.

"You're giving them hope. When did I ever give you hope?" Coach asked and I smirked as Scott smiled a bit.

"Never." Scott replied and Coach nodded expectantly.

"Exactly. Nothing motivates more than withering criticism." Coach stated before looking at the field of players and sighing. "Speaking of um, losers, where's your uh, little protege?" Coach asked folding his arms over his chest and I rose my eyebrow at Scott as I didn't see Liam on the field.

"Um.." Scott said looking around the field and Coach rose his eyebrow.

"Um? Is-is 'Um' a location?" Coach asked in annoyance. "Is 'um' behind me?" Coach added and Scott looked at him.

"He'll be here, okay? He's the backbone of the team." I stated and Scott nodded in agreement.

"He's stepped up in every way possible. A born leader who can handle anything you throw at him." Scott added and Coach narrowed his eyes at us.

"Let me just text Mason." I sighed as I pulled out my phone and heard grunts from the field as players tackled each other.

"I swear, McCall, if you don't get Dunbar out here in three, this will be your last day as assistant coach." Coach threatened and Scott rose his eyebrow out him.

"This is my last day as assistant coach." Scott replied confused and Coach scoffed.

"I can still dock your pay." Coach pointed out and I rolled my eyes.

"I volunteered. Do you want my whistle?" Scott asked raising his eyebrow at the whistle around his neck.

"Who gave you a whistle?" Coach countered in annoyance. "Where the hell is Dunbar!" Coach asked as we watched Diaz run towards the goal with the ball in his lacrosse net before hurdling it at the goalie only to have Liam catch it and huddle himself over another player. "Yes! That is how you play Lacrosse, McCall! Who the hell is that?" Coach asked excitedly and I rolled my eyes.

"That Liam, Coach." I replied as we walked quickly over to the other side of the field as Liam ran towards the opposite goal.

"Well, how the hell am I supposed to tell them apart?" Coach groaned and looked back at me. "They're all wearing the same thing." He pointed and Scott sighed.

"They've got numbers on their jersey's, Coach." Scott pointed out and I nodded before the sound of a thud on the field made us turn our heads as Liam flipped over Diaz, who ran the opposite way as the ball was in his net. I looked at Liam as he laid on the ground and I heard him lowly snarl and I widened my eyes before Scott blew his whistle and ran towards Liam with me right behind him.

"Liam, your eyes." I warned as I knelt next to him and looked at him through his helmet to see they were shifted.

"McCall, what the hell was that? That wasn't a foul. That was a win." Coach stated as Liam, Scott and I stood up and Scott shielded Liam's helmet. I turned towards the team as they all froze with Coach right in front of them. I furrowed my eyebrows and turned around again and froze also.