Visionary

I slowly pulled the door to the loft open and walked in. I looked around the small apartment, remembering how little time Derek and I actually spent in it.. The only things we really did here were come up with plans and sleep.. but that was just Derek and I.. That was all we ever did.. Faced issues side by side. "What am I gonna do now?" I asked quietly, taking a deep breath and walked down the steps slowly before I threw my bad on the couch.

"You could start with a 'glad you're alive', maybe." A voice replied and I froze as I looked away from him. I slowly turned to Derek who leant in the doorway of the bedroom and I shook my head at him and didn't move. "I mean, I've been gone for two days. Dead, right?" He asked tilting his head at me emotionlessly. I furrowed my eyebrows and finally walked towards him before lifting up his shirt front and back but seeing no wounds..

"You healed.. Yo-You were wounded everywhere." I whispered shaking my head in confusion but he put his shirt down and walked away from me. "With wounds like that.. It usually takes over a few days to heal." I added and watched Derek move around the apartment slowly before he stood in front of the French doors that stood behind the table.

"I'm okay, see?" Derek countered and I saw Cora come from her bedroom and look at Derek unfazed by the fact he was standing right in front of her.

"No one told me that you were alive?" I asked emotionless as I looked between the two of them.

"I-I needed time to heal, Amelia.." Derek replied and I rose my eyebrow at him. Something was different.. Very different. The alarm started blaring and I walked towards it and turned it off.

"What's it mean?" Cora asked looking at the window to see the same Symbol of the alpha pack drawn on the window as it rained and condensation fogged the symbol that was traced.

"It means that they're coming. Tonight." Derek replied and I looked back at him and narrowed my eyes.
~~~

The door opened as I stared out the window at the sign still drawn on it before I turned to Issac and Boyd who walked in. "Go back to school." Derek stated as he sat on the stairs.

"Well, actually we can't." Issac countered as they walked down the steps. "Boyd and I are incredibly and unbelievably sick." He added putting his hands in his pockets.

"With what? Brain damage?" I asked tilting my head at him and watched him smirk at me before sighing.

"Well, I for one have a migraine, and Boyd here has, uh, explosive diarrhea." Issac nodded and gestured at Boyd, who put his lacrosse bag on the table and I rose my eyebrow.

"We're here to protect you." Boyd pointed out and shook his head before looking at Derek.

"You're here to protect me?" Derek asked doubtfully walking down the stairs and standing in front of them. "Well, I'm in trouble then." He added crossing his arms over his chest as Issac opened a book that sat on the table.

"Actually, Boyd here, came up with a plan." Issac stated gesturing towards him winking.

"Yeah, I thought about the time Gerard had me and Erica locked up-" Boyd started before he unzipped his bag and I rose my eyebrow. "-We were tied up with electrical wires pushing currents through us. I was wondering how we could do something like that." Boyd added before pulling a long wire out of the bag. "But on a bigger scale." Boyd stated and I smirked as he got up and walked over to the wall, grabbing a hose and turning the faucet on. "On a pool of electrified water, it can take up to fifty militants to kill a normal human." Boyd stated putting the hose down in the middle of the room and I watched it soak the floor as Boyd turned towards us. "Less power than it takes to turn on one lightbulb." He added and I slowly nodded.