Time of Death

I watched Derek sit beside Braeden as she laid in the hospital bed before Melissa came in putting a needle in her drip. "What's that?" Derek asked standing up.

"Naloxone. We need to wake her up." Melissa replied and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I thought you said she needed to rest." I stated confused.

"That was before I found out that the CDC put the high school on quarantine with Scott and Stiles still in there." Melissa replied and I widened my eyes as she looked at me before Braeden gasped sitting up groaning and looking around confused. "Braeden, look at me. You were shot and now you're in the hospital and you're fine. Do you understand?" Melissa asked looking at her and Braeden looked at me and I nodded before she slowly nodded at Melissa. "Good. Okay. Last night you were in the woods and you came across another pack? Do you know what happened to them?" Melissa asked furrowing her eyebrows.

"I told you, they were poisoned." Derek stated and I crossed my arms over my chest.

"No." Braeden stated shaking her head. "They were injected. It was a virus designed to kill werewolves." Braeden corrected and I furrowed my eyebrows at her. "It did.. It killed them all." She added looking up at us and I heard Melissa deeply sigh.

"I'll be right back." Melissa stated and I slowly nodded.

"What are you guys doing here?" Braeden asked looking between Derek and I.

"We're protecting our investment." Derek said and I stifled a laugh.

"Got a lot of money riding on you." I nodded showing a small smile before the door opened and we all turned.

"Derek, Amelia.. I think there's someone here you've been trying to find." Melissa stated before Satomi walked in and I narrowed my eyes at her.
~~~~

"It's a variant of canine distemper." Deaton said as we looked down at a dead werewolf with black blood coming out from all parts of his body. "A few years ago, an outbreak in Yellowstone killed forty percent of the werewolf population." He added looking up at all of us.

"What's it going to do to our werewolf population?" Melissa asked raising an eyebrow.

"Well, it's been altered to infect quite a bit faster." Deaton replied sighing at the dying werewolf.

"You mean it's been weaponized. It infected my whole pack." Satomi stated and I looked down at the werewolf on the table in the morgue.

"Everyone except for you. That's the real question. Did you not get infected?" Deaton asked furrowing his eyebrow at Satomi. "Or are you immune." He added and I rose my eyebrow eyeing her.

"Wait, if your pack was infected, then who was doing all the shooting at the entrance of the woods?" Derek asked confused and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Apparently another assassin." Satomi replied holding herself. "Personally, I'd like to face a gun rather than a variety of small pox." She added shaking her head.

"Sounds like you're going to get plenty of chances." Melissa stated emotionless and I slowly sighed at her as Satomi looked at me curiously and I rose my eyebrow at her.

"Sorry.. I just realized how much you look like your mother, Isabella.. You remind me of her." She whispered and I looked away silently. "I used to visit her a lot, you know? Her and Talia both." She said eyeing Derek and I looked up at him and he smiled at me. "Do you remember me?" Satomi asked us.

"I remember the tea." I said scoffing at it.

"You always brought the tea that smelled terrible." Derek admitted and I showed a small smile nodding.