Numbers

I know Derek hasn't been in most of the recent chapter.. But maybe he's making his way back in?.... Maybe. 😁 This ones coming at you early because I got school & work tomorrow.. So enjoy. 🤙🏼

"I'm not letting them out." Sheriff warned as he put two files on his desk in front of us as the pack surrounded his office. "We've got two bodies covered in slash marks. They confessed to killing two people." Sheriff added and Scott shook his head.

"Hunters." Scott corrected and Sheriff sighed folding his arms over his chest.

"People, Scott. Self-defense or not, they're still here, the other guys are dead. There's a process I have to follow." Sheriff stated and I scoffed in anger.

"You know what's happening around here. It's not safe for them." I warned narrowing my eyes and he turned towards me.

"This may actually be the safest place for them in Beacon Hills. At least I can protect them here." Sheriff replied and I looked at Scott in defeat.

"Would Stiles think that?" Lydia countered from next to me and Sheriff sighed.

"Especially when one of your deputies is working for Gerard?" Malia added emotionless and I rose my eyebrow at Sheriff who furrowed his eyebrows.

"I'm not buying that. I know these deputies like the back of my hand. I know their families, their kids, their brothers and sisters. I know who they are.. And I trust them." Sheriff replied nodding.

"You know who they were." Liam corrected and we all turned towards him. "There's something out there. Everyone's afraid and it's getting worse." He stated shaking his head and I looked back at sheriff.

"You can't protect two werewolves from hunters if they're already on the inside." I pressed and Sheriff slowly looked between all of us before he sighed and looked towards the couch that was a feet away from his desk.

"It's Quinn, right?" Sheriff asked raising his eyebrow at the werewolf that found Scott and I last night. She looked up at him as she sat on the couch next to the window. Quinn nodded at him and Sheriff eyed her carefully. "You're sure it was a deputy who shot you.. Absolutely one hundred percent sure?" Sheriff asked unwavering and Quinn stared at him before she nodded again.

"I saw flashing lights.. A police car. I-I saw a badge, a gun and then they shot me." Quinn stated as her heart raced remembering what had happened to her the night before. "They shot me in the head.. And that's all that I remember." Quinn added quietly looking at Sheriff as Liam leant on his desk with his arms crossed and the rest of us were spread throughout the office.

"There's a couple of holes in her story." Sheriff pointed out and Lydia rolled her eyes.

"Maybe because there's a hole in her head." Lydia replied in annoyance and I rose my eyebrow in amusement at her comment as Malia laughed in approval and smiled. We all looked at Malia in annoyance and she became silent.

"I'm sorry." Malia nodded looking down and I sighed.

"Sheriff, we need to get Jiang and Tierney out of here before anyone realizes that they're here." Scott stated worriedly as we all stared at the Sheriff pressingly.

"And take them where? I can't let them go." Sheriff replied and Lydia groaned.

"But if you keep them here they're-" Lydia started before Sheriff cut her off.

"Look, if there's a problem-" Sheriff started before bright lights from outside seeped into the windows. We all looked towards the windows before we sat officers outside of the office holding guns towards the windows and exit door. Sheriff walked out of his office quickly and we all walked as far as the doorway and watched. "Get away from the windows. Put those guns away." Sheriff warned angrily at his deputies.