Puzzling Pieces

I bet ya'll thought I forgot it was Thursday ;)

Scott picked up the ball in his lacrosse net before he looked around as light fog surrounded the field and I got up from the bleachers and walked towards him and Liam. "Scott?" I asked eyeing him as he seemed.. Off.

"Did you feel that?" Scott whispered before Liam and I eyed each other curiously.

"Feel what?" Liam asked and I folded my arms over my chest.

"I thought I heard something." Scott replied and I rose my eyebrow before he shrugged it off. "Forget it. Alright, let's keep going." Scott stated turning back to Liam who sighed as Scott threw him the ball, which he caught in his net.

"Or we could just call it?" I asked raising my eyebrow at the boys.

"We gotta work on his back shots." Scott stated gesturing at Liam who furrowed his eyebrows.

"Why?" Liam asked shaking his head at Scott.

"Liam, they suck." Scott stated laughing a bit and I sighed at them.

"What are you talking about?" Liam asked confused and Scott sighed at him.

"Your back shots. Which suck." Scott stated again tilting his head at Liam. Liam shook his head sighing and looked at the ball in his lacrosse net. He tossed the ball from behind his back and it hit the goal's net which was behind Scott and he stood there confused. Liam picked up ball after ball and threw it towards the goal and he made it every time as Scott failed to catch them. Liam grabbed the last ball and shot it towards the goal before I ran towards it and caught it in my hand and looked at Scott in annoyance.

"They look pretty good to me." I smirked shrugging at Scott who furrowed his eyebrows.

"I must've been thinking of someone else." Scott stated wandering off and Liam smirked.

"Yeah, maybe someone else, who should be captain." Liam stated and I laughed before I tossed the ball to Scott and he caught it in his net.

"We'll make it." Scott replied as the lights around the field started shutting off before we were standing in darkness and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Well, guess we have to go now." Liam stated shrugging with amusement in his voice and I nodded in agreement at him.

"No, we don't." Scott replied looking at us as he shifted into his eyes and I rolled my eyes before Liam and I shifted into ours also before Liam dropped his stick and shifted back into his blue eyes and looked towards the school cautiously.

"What's wrong?" I asked looking towards his gaze before Liam shook his head furiously.

"Something's happening to Mason!" Liam said worriedly before he ran towards the library and I growled before Scott and I followed quickly after him. We walked into the library and heard the doors slam behind us before Mason and Corey came from behind a book shelf with a fire extinguisher in hand. I furrowed my eyebrows at him as he breathed a sigh of relief putting the extinguisher down.

"They were here. The Ghost Riders." Mason stated shaking his head and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Here? Right now?" Scott asked confused as was I.

"I thought they left when the storm left." Liam added confused and Mason scoffed.

"I guess not. Because two of them-were right up there." Mason stated pointing towards the second level of the library.

"What were they doing?" I asked raising my eyebrows and looking at the upstairs of the library.

"We didn't see them when they came in, we only saw them when we turned invisible." Mason stated looking at Corey who has the power of a chameleon. So they didn't turn invisible exactly.