Novel Approch, A.

Tbh I'm really bad at this while updating thing it turns out.. 😂😂😂😂

"The Dread Doctors by T.R McCamman." Lydia said holding up a book with a cover of three machine looking guys in masks.

"What?" Malia asked as Lydia tilted her head looking at the cover.

"I don't know, there's something about it.." Lydia said sighing.

"Has anyone actually read it yet?" I asked confused.

"Just me.. And I didn't understand any of it." Malia replied and I rose my eyebrow.

"We should probably all read it." Lydia stated nodding.

"Kira's working on that." I said shrugging as we walked down the hallway before we stopped at Malia's locker.

"Stiles said he can't find anything in the author, he thinks it's a pen name." Malia added getting out her notebooks and I rose my eyebrow.

"In a small New England town, teenagers are taken into the night and buried alive.." Lydia said reading the back of the book and looked up at Malia and I. "Days later they emerge transformed, wreaking havoc and spreading terror commanded by an ancient order of parascientists known only as 'The Dread Doctors.." Lydia added furrowing her eyebrows.

"Sounds vaguely familiar. How does it end?" I asked looking at Malia.

"It doesn't. This is supposed to be volume one." Malia replied and I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, let me guess, there is no volume two.." Lydia added shaking her head.

"I think we're living volume two." Malia stated furrowing her eyebrows.

"Well then maybe the real question is.. Is this a novel or.. Someone's prediction?" I said eyeing the book in Lydia's hands.
~~~~

"Sorry, but I haven't even heard of Kanima until a few days ago." Theo said as he flipped through the pages of the book that Kira had printed. "You want me to read this?" He added looking at them.

"No yet. I'm still only on chapter one." Scott said and they both looked at me and I scoffed.

"I don't read." I replied shrugging to see Theo smirk.

"You guys do this a lot, huh?" Theo asked looking back at Scott.

"Do what?" I asked confused as I folded my arms over my chest at him.

"Get involved." Theo replied and I looked at Scott.

"Yeah, I guess." Scott shrugged and I slowly sighed.

"What about the author? If he knew all about these guys, shouldn't we be talking to him?" Theo asked and I shrugged.

"We thought about that but it's pretty much a dead end." I said and Theo nodded flipping through the pages and looking at the words before he stopped.

"What about this guy?" Theo asked and I rose my eyebrow as Scott and I looked over his shoulder at the page of acknowledgments.

"For providing scientific perspective and invaluable insight, this book is dedicated to Dr. Gabriel Valack.." Scott whispered reading it and I slowly sighed.

"Do you know him?" Theo asked raising his eyebrow.

"Yeah." Scott said nodding. "And I know where to find him." Scott added and I smirked.