Required Reading

GEEZ. SORRY FOR NOT PUBLISHING SOONER!! I PROMISE I WILL PUBLISH EVERY WEEK FROM NOW ON! :)

"Chimera's.." Sheriff said crossing off The pictures of Lucas and Tracey.

"Two dead chimeras." Stiles stated and I slowly sighed.

"And eight new ones.. They found more holes out on the football field." I said shaking my head.

"So that's ten in all." Stiles said nodding.

"No, thinking eleven." Sheriff said putting up another picture of a boy who kept threatening to kill the sheriff and Stiles. "Our station tech guys confirmed something for me.. They said both the holding cell lock and cameras could have malfunctioned because of something electromagnetic." Sheriff said turning back towards us. "You said that uh, there's guys-" sheriff said holding up the book.

"Dread doctors." I finished and he slowly sighed.

"Are we really calling them that?" Sheriff asked unconvinced.

"So they broke Donovan out?" I asked looking back at the picture of him.

"It's how they got into Eichan, isn't it?" Sheriff asked raising an eyebrow.

"Donovan's a chimera." I whispered walking towards his picture.

"Yup.. But is he a failure like Tracey and Lucas?" Sheriff asked sighing and I rose my eyebrow.

"If he is.. He's probably dead." I stated crossing my arms over my chest.

"Not until I've seen a body." Sheriff replied before we turned towards Stiles who was standing away from us looking out the window. "You're un-characteristically quiet." Sheriff stated.

"Sorry-I'm uh, I'm just trying to think about it.. These were all teenagers, right?" Stiles asked walking towards us.  "So now shouldn't we be trying to figure out why these teenagers? If the dread doctors-if they went through all that, burying them, killing them-breaking one of them out of jail.." Stiles said leading off.

"They couldn't have been chosen at random." Sheriff stated.

"They had to have something in common." I said nodding.

"Something that made them right.. For this experiment." Sheriff added and I crossed my arms over my chest looking back at the pictures of the students.

"Something that made them special." I whispered narrowing my eyes at Donovan's face.
~~~~~

"So basically, we're looking for abnormal behavior?" Theo asked as we looked over all of the students in the court yard.

"Anyone acting a little off or weird." I said nodding at him.

"Isn't everyone a little weird in high school?" Theo replied and I smirked at him.

"Good point. But we're not everyone." I said smirking before walking down the stairs and he followed as I looked down at the book of the dread doctors in my hands.

"You know Tracey went on a killing spree after reading that?" Theo asked and I smirked back at him.

"You think it's a bad idea?" I asked reaching the courtyard. "Scared?" I asked as he fell in beside me.

"I think Malia almost getting run down by a car when I let her drive last night could've been bad. That's why you guys haven't finished it yet, right?" Theo asked and I shrugged.

"We're going to." I replied nodding at him before he grabbed my hand and turned me towards him.

"Amelia, I came here hoping to find a pack. I wasn't planning on watching one fall apart." Theo replied and I sighed at him.