This Broken Soul | Depressed!Soul Archer X Reader

(Hey! I got the video to work!)

Oh, holy land
Come ancient spirit
Take up my hand
And guide me

You were worried about Soul Archer. When you first met him, he was kind, caring, and most notably, happy.

But now, it seemed as though he was...different. You couldn't quite pinpoint what it was, but he seemed off. He seemed slightly...broken.

Pull me to shore
Rivers are rising
Look in this heart
And find me

Soul Archer's POV

I have about a million things going through my head right now. Problem is, I can't focus on just one. I can't even stop to focus on Y/N. Beautiful, sweet Y/N...why am I making her go through this?! I hate myself even more, if anything...

As much as I love her, all things must come to an end at some point.

So why not start early?

Same thing every day. I pray for rain, hoping that maybe I can feel the somehow pleasurable sting as it cascades down my body, slowly evaporating my ghostly form. As much as it stings, I hope maybe I can take it further; end this pain once and for all.

I've lost my way,
Your voice is silent
I need you here
To remind me

Your POV

I've decided that I'm going to figure out what's wrong with Soul Archer.

I approach his door slowly, only to find that he isn't there. But there is a note on his bed.

Dear Y/N,

I absolutely hate what I'm doing to you. But don't you worry; it'll all be over soon. It's such a beautiful night, isn't it? Just like when we first met...

I began to notice teardrops dotting the paper in some places. Soul Archer never cries...

Show me now
How to find my home
All I am
Surrender
Let the water flow right through this broken soul...

But hey, it'll all be over soon. You won't have to worry about me dragging you down in life, and neither will Morro, Wrayth, Bansha, and Ghoultar.

My friends are free of me at last.

One last time,
—Soul Archer

I felt my heart racing against my chest. I felt tears forming in my eyes. I flipped the note over. There was more.

I entrust you know where to find me if you wish to say anymore to me before the twelfth stroke of midnight.

The lake.

Fought by your side
Ashes still burning
Approved my worth
So tell me why

I've lost my way
Your voice is silent
I need you here
To remind me

I grabbed my sweatshirt and burst through the door. I ran through to the backyard, afraid. I ran straight into the woods, and checked my watch. 11:50.

Show me now
How to find my home
All I am
Surrender

Tell me that you can forgive
Bring me peace that I can live

I had finally made it to the lake. 11:55.

"Soul Archer! Wait!" I cried.

"I-I presume you've c-come to s-say your goodbyes?" He was holding back tears, and I knew it.

"You don't have to do this..." I assured. I walked straight up to him, so we were standing face-to-face. "We all care about you. You shouldn't hurt yourself just because someone else is putting you down. Whatever the cost, whatever the reason, we are here for you. That's me, Wrayth, Morro, Bansha, and Ghoultar. We're all here to keep you safe. Don't be afraid..." I stepped closer. "I love you. I love you more than the universe itself. More than the love of a panda for bamboo sticks. More than you love me. I love you," I stated firmly.

Show me now
How to find my home
All I am
Surrender

Soul Archer looked me straight in the eyes. He then placed his arms around my waist, and held me close. He then proceeded to cry into my arms. I held him close, and never ever let go.

Oh sweet rest
Find me at my home
Stay with me forever

"No matter how broken you are, I will fix you."

Let the water flow right through this broken soul...