Chapter 22

Sakura's pov

We all groaned in pain.
Sai had a bruise on his head, Ino obviously pretended to be in pain, while Sasuke held his mouth for who knows what reason.
I mean, I'm the one who flew through the car and landed on someone, like a piece of paper flying through the sky and landing on someone's face. I got hurt more than anyone (probably not but whatever). I'm the victim here!
'Preach it to the choir, sister!", inner said.
'Thank you', I replied.
(Major Sakura moment :-D )

"Wow, we're actually at the beach house", Sai said.
"Strike one", Sasuke said.
"What does that mean?", I asked.
"He said we shouldn't screw this up or he'll never forgive us, ugly", Sai explained
"At least Ino was right in the direction", I said rubbing it in his face.
"Told ya", Ino said looking embarrassed then leaving the car.
"Come back here. I'm not through with you!", Sai said.
"Anyway, are you guys alright?", he continued facing the back.
"Yeah, just bruised my hea..."
"I was talking to Sasuke and my equipment ugly", Sai said.
An anime vein popped up on my forehead as I closed my eyes, while Sasuke smirked.
"Lock up the car. I'M COMING FOR YOU INO!", he yelled when he got out.
"Ow. Hey, Sasuke what are you looking for?", I asked after touching my bruised head.
"My ipod", he said raising his head from under the chair.
"Oh my gosh, your lip", I said.
"Yeah, you flew like a usless bird and head butted my lip", he said.
"Oh, that's where I got this from", I said narrowing my eyes to my forehead.
"Here", Sasuke said handing over a band aid.
"Where did you get that?", I asked taking it from him.
"I knew this trip would be full of accidents, so I brought a first aid kit".
"Oh, okay", I said before he continued his search.
I felt something behind my feet, so I bent down to get it.
"Oh, here Sasuke", I said handing him his ipod.
"Hn", he said as he collected it.
"Are you too stupid to do that now? ", he continued.
"Do what?", I asked.
He just sighed and came closer.
'Oh my goodness, he's gonna kiss you!', inner yelled from nowhere
'WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!', I asked frustrated
'just saying'
He snatched the band aid from me and opened it then placed it on the bruised part of my forehead.
"Thanks, is there anything I can do? Y'know, your lip?", I asked.
"Unlike you, I can handle it myself", he said leaving.
"Lock up", he added before shutting the door.
Harsh much.

**Some minutes later**

"....And then, the car twirled. I almost died if it weren't for my survival skills", Ino bragged to some random people.
"Hey genius, we were in the party bus too and look, still pretty much alive", I said walking to her direction.
"Oh look, it's the woman of the hour, Sakura", Ino said.
"You almost killed Ino", a random person said.
"Wait, what?", I asked.
"*chuckle* uh, well, you're kinda like the cause of the accident", Ino said.
"It wasn't an accident, and I'm not the cause of it", I defended.
"You are. Ino said you ate some donuts, like the glutton you are, and didn't share with anyone. Then when you ate all the donuts , you threw the bag out of the car and it got back in the car but landed on Sai's beautiful, gorgeous, perfectly shaped fac...", the random girl continued.
"You said all that about me?", I asked wondering if Ino could really lie about her best friend to cover up the shit she made.
"Well, I didn't explain Sai like that", Ino said glaring at the random girl who was turning her face away to avoid Ino from noticing her blush.
"Well I'm surprised she's not even fat for a glutton", another random girl said.
"Maybe she has worms", another whispered.
"Thanks for always being there for me, Ino", I said, tears forming in my eyes.
"Sakura, I...", she started but I just left.
Sai was having a little get together. But having a girlfriend like Ino, it ended up as a party.
I wandered through the crowd not really knowing where I was going to.
"Hey, can't you see where you're going", someone said when I accidentally bumped into him.
"*sniff* I'm sorry", I said then left.
I finally got out of the beach house and headed to the balcony at the back of the house.
It was a nice beach house. There's a huge pool some steps down the wide balcony at the back, with a huge jacuzzi where the suna was. And the beach was right behind the house. Okay, enough with descriptions.
Anyway, I got to the balcony, went to the edge and held the railings. I couldn't stop my tears from flowing. It's not the fact that they insulted me, I'm already used to being insulted, but the fact that Ino could do that to her best friend.
"Everything okay ugly?", Sai asked.
"Please, I'm not in the mood", I said still crying.
"Okay so you're in the mood to cry and not tell your friend about it?", he continued.
"Since when did you become my friend?", I said.
"Sakura, I've been your friend before Ino and I started dating. What makes you think that I'm not?", he said.
"I know we've been friends for a long time *sniff* even before you started dating Ino. But, everything changed between us. You never called or texted or checked up on me. Then you came out of nowhere and told me that you were dating Ino. *sniff* You told me that we couldn't hang out any more because you liked Ino and you wanted to give her full attention, and that was the same time we had a project to do together. We both got a C cause I did it myself and covered up for you while you made googly eyes at Ino. We decided to break up as friends. It doesn't make sense, I still can't understand", I gave a long speech.
"I only did that because..."
"Because of what! We still could've been friends even though you were dating Ino. But now, you can't stand being around me that you even gave me 'ugly' as a nickname, why can't you understand that every time I tolerate your nonsense is because I want us to be friends again!", I yelled still wanting to continue, before he pulled me in for a kiss, then stopped some seconds later.
"Yes Sakura, I ignored you, insulted you, and dumped you as a friend, only because I was developing feelings for you! Every time we hung out, you either held my hand, rested your head on my shoulder or hugged me for support, thinking that it's a friendly thing. I avoided you at first because I didn't want to tell you I liked you cause you weren't ready or interested in a relationship, I didn't want to get on your nerves back then.
Then I started liking Ino, and I didn't want you to be with us cause it always reminded me of those days the three of us hung out and I couldn't stop staring at you and...I loved you Sakura".