Chapter 58

Sakura's pov

"It's going to take a miracle for Shisui to stay. Right? Hehe...", I chuckled sadly to Itachi.
"I never meant it like that", he sighed.
"I know", I side hugged him.

"You can go in now", the nurse said.
"Thank you", Mikoto said as we went in.
"He's stabilizing. Everything's alright", the doctor said removing the stethoscope from his bruised chest.

"If you need anything I'm just a ring away", he added pointing to bell switch.
"Thank you doctor", Mikoto said as the doctor left.

Sasuke was already next to Shisui. Just staring at him.

"I'll go get something for him to eat, you three need anything?", Mikoto asked.
"I'll have whatever you get for Shisui", I replied.
"Same here", Itachi and Sasuke said.
"Okay, I'll be back soon", she said shutting the door.

Ino's pov

"That was so unexpected", I sighed.
"I hope he's okay", Choji said.
"*sigh* at least he wasn't taken away with the other half of the cab, so if you don't mind, I'd like some silence", Shikamaru said rubbing his temples.

"You're right, why don't we go visit him later?", I suggested as they all nodded.

Sakura's pov

I kept staring at Shisui after Sasuke left his side. Itachi asked me to sit but I didn't even respond.
I never thought it would hurt so much for someone you've known for a short while to get terribly hurt.

"Sakura, your phone", Sasuke said handing the ringing phone.
"H-hello", I said.
"Sakura, I heard about the accident. Is Shisui alright?"
"Yes dad, h-he's okay", I replied.
"Is Fugaku there? Or Mikoto?", he asked.
"Mikoto was here a while ago..."

"I'm back", Mikoto said opening the door.
"...oh, she's...beep", he hung up before I could finish.
"who was that?", Mikoto asked setting the bags on a table.
"My dad, he wanted to talk to you, I guess", I replied.
"Oh. Okay, I got you all the same thing, which is Tofu and bean paste. It's Shisui's favorite", she smiled giving the three of us.

An almost inaudible gag was heard from Sasuke, Itachi frowned and sweat dropped, while I smiled...fake smiled.

"Thanks Mikoto", I chuckled nervously.
"You welcome dear. I'll just...Hello?...excuse me", she said answering a phone call and walking out.

"Really?", Itachi sighed.
"Who knows, this might, maybe, taste better than the others we might have tried", I said taking a bite.
"Damn, or not", I said about spitting it out before Mikoto walked in, so from her perspective, it would look like I'm a child doing the 'seafood joke' .

"uh, seems like you're enjoying it?", Mikoto raised an eyebrow.
"Hmm hm", I nodded holding the food in my mouth.
"Good, what about you two?", she asked Sasuke and Itachi.
"I'm not e- oww", Sasuke groaned as Itachi stepped on his foot.
"We're saving it for later", Itachi said.
"Alright then. Excuse me, I've got to make a quick phone call", she said walking out once again.

"Rude much", Itachi frowned at Sasuke.
"Well, at least I'm telling the-"
"Uhh"

What?! Shisui just groaned. He's awake!

"What is with the noise?", he asked smiling as we three bombarded him with words.
"If you guys don't mind, I need to see the doctor", he said.

I went to the alarm switch in the room and pushed it.
" The doctor would be here shor-"
"Anything the problem?", the doctor asked walking to Shisui
"Not at all doc. but I need to report something. Personally",he said as the doctor made an exit please face.
"Say no more", I smiled at Shisui and waved.

"You guys are supposed to look after Shisui, what are y-"
"He woke up and he needed to speak with the doctor alone", Sasuke explained.
"Oh, k", Mikoto said then, we waited for some minutes before the doctor came out .
"He never tells anyone when he has a problem. Is he alright?", Mikoto asked as the doctor walked out.
"I had to argue with him about this. He said to not let you know but...", the doctor started as we all paid attention in fear.

"Shisui might be...blind"