Chapter 26

Sakura's pov

"Um, Sakura?", Ino started.
"Let's just ignore them. They'll stop eventually", I said pushing her away from the bathroom while Shino and Sasuke continued arguing and Sai tried to break it up.
..................
"Oh, I guess that's mine. This is yours", I told Ino as we exchanged shopping bags approaching the door.
"Yeah, I have the puppy plushie while you have a diamond encrusted skull with flames key chain and another key chain of the monster high skull. You surprise me sometimes", she said.
"At least one of the chains will make up for the first one", I whispered.
"What was that?", Ino asked.
"Uh, I said. Oh, Sasuke and Shino!", I said running in.
"Sai, Sasuke, Shino", I called out.
"Relax. They're done with their pointless argument. Hn, troublesome", Shikamaru said from the living room.
"Okay", I replied.
"Sakura", Shino called coming down the stairs.
"S-Shino where's..."
"Sasuke? We've settled things. It was just a misunderstanding", he said.

'About time you figured that out', inner said.
'Tell me about it', I replied rolling my eyes inwardly.

"Sasuke", I said ignoring Shino and walking towards him as he descended the stairs.
"Did you guys fight? Are you o..", I said as he walked past me.
"Kay?", I continued.
"Don't worry, he's just probably annoyed. Anyway let's go for lunch", Shino said.
"yay! I know this new ramen joint not to far from here", Naruto yelled rushing down the stairs.
"Or we can have a walk on the beach and take some ice cream", Hinata suggested as everyone agreed except Sasuke who didn't talk but will come anyway.
..............

Alright, so the girls (Tenten, Hinata, Temari, and I) wore a bikini bra and bum shorts, while Ino wore a bikini bra and a beach skirt.
While the guys wore tank tops and shorts. Except Naruto who wore a shirt and Hawaii shorts (those shorts with the flower designs).
"Say cheese", Naruto said after setting the timer of the camera and ran to the group.
The girls did a cute peace sign, (either with two hands or one hand on the hip) while the guys either kept their hands in their pockets or folded their arms (and either looked at another direction or smirked at the camera).
While Naruto stood at the back on a rock where he was visible and made a goofy pose.
After a couple of pictures, we decided to chill around.
Ino, Sai, Shikamaru, Temari, Neji and Tenten, sat together as couples on their separate beach mats either chatting or cuddling while the rest of us except Sasuke and Gaara were either playing with sand or water.
"How bout that ice cream?", Shino asked.
"Oh yeah, let's go", Ino said as we all left what we were doing.

'Why's Sasuke avoiding you?', inner asked
'You mean us', I corrected
'Ew. He probably sees you as repulsive', she said.
'Again, us', I corrected again.
'He'll never speak to you again after the car crash that happened on your face', she said

"Again, it's us you moron!", I shouted then everyone started staring.
"Sakura, you uh okay?", Ino asked.

'Come on, look for an excuse idiot', she said.
'How?'
'Um...The earphones!'

"Uh, yeah. I'm fine Ino", I replied.
"You sure?", she asked
"Y-yeah sure. I was just on the phone. Yeah, bye mum", I said
"Mum?", Sai asked.
"Just forget it", I replied.
"We're here", Hinata said.
..........

After chatting and trying out different flavors of ice cream, we headed home. It was getting dark anyways.
"And of course this one too", Ino said as we all picked our favorite pictures from Naruto's camera.
"Oh, zoom in on this one", she said.
"Sakura, over here", she called.
"What?", I asked approaching her.
"Take a close look at these two pictures", she said handing over the camera.
"It's a picture of Neji hitting Naruto. And Tenten with sand in her hair", I said.
"Check the back", she said
"Of the camera?", I asked.
"Are you daft Sakura? Behind them", she said loosing her patience.
"Its...", I started before I turned my head away with a tint of red on my cheeks.
"Teme's enjoying the view of the beach while Sakura's staring at him from a distance", Naruto said poking in.
"it's not..."
"Check out the other one", Ino said.
"Uh..."
"You were making a sand castle with Hinata while Teme kept staring at you", Naruto said
"Thanks Naruto", Ino said.
"It's not like that", I defended.
"Okay, what is it then?", Ino teased. "Well..."
"It's obvious Sakura, you like Teme", Naruto said.
"No..."
"And he likes you too", Ino completed.
"it's not..."
"And obviously this relationship between you and Shino isn't really, how do I put this, um...", Naruto said
"The best, correct, good, okay? Are you looking for any of these words?", Ino asked
"Uh, something like that", Naruto said, then walked to the back to meet Hinata.
"See Sakura. Your relationship with Shino doesn't seem real or whatever", Ino said.
"*sigh* what do you want me to do? Break up with him for no apparent reason?", I asked
"Hold on. I didn't say that. Unless you want to", she said then left to meet Sai at the back.
"I kinda agree with them", Sasuke said appearing from nowhere.
"Were you eavesdropping?", I asked.
"It's not really eavesdropping if I'm not interested in the conversation, but heard because of the loudmouths", he said.
"Did everyone hear?", I asked looking at the back to see them.
"Just me, I stayed far away from the group but you three came forward to gossip", he replied.
"Oh, okay", I said before silence took place for a couple of minutes.
"Well/You", we both started.
"You go first", I said looking away.
"You know what Ino said was true right?", he asked.
"I don't know how to break up with someone. It's all new to m..."
"No. She said you're daft", he said looking straight forward as I looked at him.
"*sigh* she asked if I was daft", I said holding the bridge of my nose.
"She's right though. Since you don't realize what situation you're in", he said.
"Anyway. I got you this", I said bringing out the key chain from my mini bagpack.
"To replace the first one", I continued.
"Hn. I think I prefer the first one", he said examining it.
"Sorry", I said facing the ground.
"Tch. Like that'll ever happen", he continued as he immediately attached his keys to the chain.
"I've got one too", I said showing him mine.
"Cute. But I like mine better", he said with a smirk.
"Why didn't you like the first one?", I asked.
"Let's just say, I got that from an admirer", he said.

'Damn. He's gay on a whole new level', inner.
'He said "admirer" not "some guy".', I defended.
'Oh, ugly thinks she's smart now', she taunted.
'Forget it. I don't have time for this', I said.

"So. Last person to the house?", he asked. I smiled at him for a moment.
"Yo guys. Last person to the house is a rotten egg", I said as Sasuke and I started running.
The rest followed. We got home panting and sweating, then took a shower.
Oh, seems like Kankuro's the rotten egg. :-D