Chapter 60~The engagement party

Sakura's Pov

"Chop chop everyone. We don't have all day!", Mikoto ordered the waiters, maids and other workers before they quickened their speed.

I looked around hoping to get to kitchen fast and safely, with all the glassware everyone was holding.
I mean, glass plates, cups and believe it or not...glass cutlery...ON GLASS TRAYS!

"Woah. This isn't what you hope to see every morning you wake up", I sighed running a hand through my locks.
"If you don't stop standing here like a statue, then you're going to interrupt them while they're working", I turned to see Sasuke.
"Morning?", I raised an eyebrow still processing the very strange morning.

"It's an engagement party Sakura. You think you'll wake up like every other morning?", he asked pushing me to the kitchen.
"Uh..."
"Hi guys!", the gang greeted.
"Hey/hn", we replied.

"Pretty busy morning right?", Ino smiled.
"It's like we've converted to a religion that only use glassware", I sighed.
"Hehe. Hey Teme! I'd like to give your mom a gift. *sniff* she still let's me move around the house even though these strange people are carrying really delicate plates around. Come to think of it...GLASS FORKS!?!", Naruto said changing emotions from emotional back to stupid.

"That's how I reacted in my mind", I said heading to the cabinet to grab a cereal box.
"Are engagement parties held in the house, or?", Tenten asked.
"It depends on how you want it", I replied pouring some milk in my bowl full of cereal.

"Oh yeah, Shino called", Ino said plainly eating her salad.
"What?!", Sasuke and I yelled.

"Yeah, he just kept apologizing and insisting on speaking with Sakura. Then I kinda invited him to the party", she said.
"What?!", we yelled again.

(A/N: I never hated Shino. In fact, I think he's kinda cute. But not as cute as my Gaara-kun!! *fangirling*
Ahem, sorry...sorry)

"What?", Ino looked at us with a 'Can't-you-guys-forgive?' look.
"*sigh* fine, as long as he is sincerely sorry", I said as Ino smiled and continued munching on her salad.
"Poor rabbit doesn't know how much we're going to interrogate that idiot", I whispered to Sasuke.

"I'm afraid none of you two are free to roam about during the party", Itachi startled us from behind.
"What the heck dude?", I asked hitting his arm.
"Sorry for startling you. But that is father's orders. You two have to be a composed and mature couple for the rest of the party", Itachi said.
"Says the guy who spends over ten thousand Yen to ship in Cherios every five months", Sasuke rolled his eyes.
"You check his bills too? Great, I'm not the only one", Itachi sighed.
"If you find that immature, you should see him when he's drunk", Mikoto walked in between Sasuke and Itachi to grab a bunch of serviettes from the counter.

"Now enough with your chit chat and go get ready to go to the dry cleaners. Since you were so 'fabulous' last night, you forgot to pick yours and Sakura's outfits", Mikoto said.

Everyone giggled remembering last night. Sasuke sighed.

"I'm coming with. I need to get my suit dry cleaned for next week", Itachi said.
"Whatever", Sasuke said as the two brothers left the kitchen.

I turned to the group and stumbled backwards. Their stare caught me off guard.

"I can't believe this is really happening", Ino chuckled wiping a stray tear.

"What's happening?", Naruto asked.

"Aww don't be like that Ino", I said feeling my eyes burn.

"Be like what?", Naruto asked again trying to get a look at Ino's face.