Chapter 42

Sasuke's pov

"Good evening father", Sakura bowed.
"Blossom. Ino told me about this 'marriage'", he said.
"Its a long story father. But, here's the groom..", she said pointing towards me.
  "..Sasuke Uchiha",she completed.
"Evening", I bowed.

After staring at me for a while.
"I don't like him. He's too formal", he said.
"Ah ha. I told you Sasuke. You will never win the heart of a non Uchiha father. Pay up", Mother jumped out of the bushes as Itachi gave her an amount of money.

  "Eh?", Sakura's father said.
"But still...", mother started getting down on her knees.
"Please let your daughter marry Sasuke", she fake cried.
"Uh, is this your sister?", Sakura's father asked me.
"My...mother", I dead panned.
"she's so...unlike you", he said.
"I get that a lot", mother and I said simultaneously.
  "Divorced? Widowed?", he asked.
"Still with Fugaku Uchiha", she said rolling her eyes.
"Wait, did you just say Fugaku Uchiha?", he asked.
"Yes, my husband and Sasuke's father", she said.

"Why didn't you say so earlier? Fugaku's my very close friend. He even helped me with my company", he said helping mother up.
  "He did say something about a really close friend he would like to see before he died", she said.
"Well where is he now?", he asked.
"The Uchiha City",mother said.
"Just a couple of hours. Sakura, get your stuff ready this instant", he said.
  "But who's going to drive", Sakura asked.
Mother and I looked at a dumbfounded ravenette.
"Ah jeez", he murmured.

Some hours later

Father's car was in the driveway, and it was kinda obvious that the atmosphere became tense.
"Thank you Itachi", mother said hopping out of the car then we followed.
Itachi sighed then lowered his seat and slept off with the air conditioner on.

"Fugi, we're home. And we brought a special guest", mother said.
"Took you long enough", father said walking downstairs.
"Mr. Uchiha himself", Sakura's father said walking towards them.
That was the first time I saw father laugh. Well, it'll be the second, after mother got her teeth glued together and couldn't talk for a week.

"I'll be upstairs Sasuke", Sakura said. She looked like she was in pain.
"Do you need anything?", I asked.
"N-no, not really", she said walking upstairs.

'We need to keep an eye on her', my inner said.
'Ofcourse, she'll probably need some painkillers or..'
'Antidepressants?'
'Why would she need antidepressants?', I asked.
'I don't know, maybe because she's getting married to you', he said.
'You...'

"Sasuke, go make tea for your father and Mr. Haruno", mother said.
"Hn", I said walking to the kitchen.

Sakura's pov

Shoot, it's that darn time of the month. I feel like I'm gonna die with all the cramps, and it's like my legs are giving up on me. I need to lay down a bit. And I definitely need painkillers.
"I'll be upstairs Sasuke", I told Sasuke.
"Do you need anything?", he asked.

'Painkillers, I need painkillers!', inner yelled.

"N-no, not really", I replied.

'Noooooo!'.

Ugh, this bed isn't so comfortable when you're dying with cramps. I've got an idea!

Sasuke's pov

"Thanks Sasuke", Mother said as I dropped the tea.
"Hn", I replied heading to the kitchen to get a glass of water and ibuprofen, then to the room. I hope Sakura's alright.

I opened the door to find Sakura facedown on the floor,with her shirt above her abdomen.
'You monster, you've killed her', my inner said.
'She's not dead genius', I said.
'Care to explain why she's like this?', he asked.
'Ugh'

"Sakura", I called shaking her a bit.
She groaned, then sat up.
"What's wrong?", I asked.
"It's..", she started.
"What?", I asked.
She turned away with her arms crossed pouting.
"It's non of your business. You're not a girl. You won't understand", she said before lying face down on the ground again.

'Its probably that time of the month', my inner guessed.
'Wait, how would you know?', I asked.
'I read books, you read books, we read books. Oh, and we went to school..what else would you want to remember old man?', he said
'Hn'

"Fine then. Try to call me when you're almost dead. My painkillers and I are leaving", I said getting up.
"Wait a minute. I need the painkillers", she said sitting up once again. 
"Hn", I sat down and gave it to her. Then she laid on the floor in the same position.

"You could at least lie on the bed", I suggested.
"The cold floors better", she said.
I sighed then moved closer to her and gently stroked her back.
"Are you feeling better?", I asked.
"Hm. Ooh, I want an apple!", she said flipping over.
"Why on earth would you want an apple now?", I asked.
"Because I'm hungry. Ah, and I want some ice cream too. And maybe an iced tea and an eggplant, and egg custard, and.."
"You're not pregnant. Stop craving for stuff. Especially stuff that starts with a vowel", I said.
"Sorry, I just want an avocado. Wait where are you going?", she asked.
"To get your apple and ice cream", I replied.
"And don't forget the.."
"Only the apple and ice cream", I said.

I got the ice cream and apple and was heading to the room.
"You guys watching a movie or something", Itachi asked walking towards me.
"No, I just.."
"I'll go get some popcorn", he said going to the fridge.
"Itachi, we're..."
"Are you coming or not?", he asked climbing the stairs.
"*sigh*"

"I see you brought Itachi too", Sakura said as I closed the door.
Itachi sat on the bed channel surfing, while Sakura remained face down on the floor.
"I got your stuff, now get up", I said. "You know what? I'll just take the ice cream", she said taking the bucket of tutti frutti ice cream and the spoon.
"*sigh* what are we watching?", I asked taking a bite out of the apple. "American dad", they replied.

After four episodes of American dad, Itachi fell asleep and rolled on floor, leaving Sakura and I asleep on the bed. I'll make sure she's the next to fall.