Chapter 18

*Evelyn*

Before I can get over the last one, my mind jumps into a new one.

~

"Why did these humans declare a war? What have we done to them? All we wanted to do was cream a better society for them." Anne Styles, a woman who's about 35, with chocolate brown hair and blonde highlights, says. Her green eyes are filled with stress and sadness.

"They've gotten the wrong idea about us." A young girl, Gemma, says. She has dirty blonde hair and green eyes. She looks to be about 17, and looks a lot like Anne.

"I know." Anne says sadly, as she stares down at her daughter. The poor girl has to fight in a war at the age of 17. All of a sudden, a boy, Harry, with brown curls, green eyes, and dimples, bounds over. He looks to be about 14. Anne stares sadly at her son. Why should he have to fight as well?

"What's going on?" Harry asks.

"Nothing's going on, love." Anne lies. Harry frowns.

"You're lying to me. Tell me the truth." Anne sighs.

"I don't want to upset you..." She trails off. She knows now that Harry knows.

"The humans declared a war, didn't they?" Harry whispers. Anne and Gemma nod their heads, looking even sadder than before. "No. No no no no no!" Harry shouts.

"Harry, please calm down." Anne begs.

"Everything will work out." Gemma says softly. Harry plugs his ears.

"SHUT UP!! I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT!! WHY CAN'T WE LIVE NORMALLY?? WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE THIS WAY??" He yells.

"Harry-" Anne starts, hoping to calm her stressed out son.

"Leave me alone! I just need some time to myself." Harry runs off to his room, while Anne and Gemma watch him go with sad looks on their faces.

His door slams shut.

~

I stare into the empty blackness. This is all too much for me. That was Harry's family, wasn't it? But where was his father? I think I'm about to find out.

A.N. THANKS FOR READING! VOTE AND COMMENT! LET'S HAVE THREE CHEERS FOR CAPS HAHA. BYEEEE. :) xx

~Nia~ :D