Chapter 1: Unpacking

"That's the last of it!" says one of the guys who helped us deliver all our stuff.

"Thanks guys!"

"Thank you."

Chris and I wave at the two men from the delivery company as they make their way out of our apartment.

Me and Chris have been going out for more than three years already. We've been planning to live together last year, but didn't think through it properly and just let it go. But Chris surprised me on our third year anniversary of being a couple that he finally found a place for us to stay together that was close to the hospital.

I, Jade, have been working as an Epidemiologist in CS Medical Center (Cedars - Sinai Medical Center) for more than three years now. Since Chris has his heart problem, it is most appropriate that we live close to it. And since his work place doesn't have a proper place, since he is a musician and a composer, his work is most likely anywhere he is called to.

"Jaaddeee~!" groaned Chris as he flopped on the floor, "Can we do the unpacking tomorrow? I'm tiiiireeeddd...."

I giggled at him, "I thought you were stronger than that silly! But we can't. Remember? I could only afford to ask for three days off  from work to move and unpack all our things?"

Chris pouts at me then sighs, "I know... And I was just being a baby. I'm not weak!" he instantly got up and carried me in his arms, bridal style.

"Eeek!" I screamed as I grabbed on to him, afraid I would fall, "Put me down! We have to unpack!"

He chuckled and kissed me on the forehead, "I know... I was just messin' with ya~!" he said as he put me down gently. "But... Can we unpack after lunch? I am starving!"

I looked at my watch and it was a quarter to three. I only had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and some water for breakfast. I don't know what Chris had, but I was feeling a bit famished myself. "Okay then... After lunch and a quick rest, we'll start unpacking other stuff, okay?"

"Yes ma'am~! I mean... Yes doctor~!" he saluted.

"Geez! I gave him a playful push, "You don't have to put it like that!"

He ruffled up my hair a bit and we head out to have lunch.

After lunch, we decided to go grocery shopping for food, drinks, and spices that we would need for the following days of living together. I also attended cooking classes two years ago, since I lived alone and I didn't want to eat out much and wanted to try cooking for myself. Well, maybe to impress Chris too that I could cook so well...

One way to win a man's heart is to win him through his stomach!

Although, he already loves me... So, it'll be just like extra points out from him...

As we came back and placed the frozen food in the refrigerator and freezer, we then decide to start unpacking in the kitchen first since it's a place we might go to often.

After the kitchen, we arranged the bathroom, and stopped halfway through in the bedroom at around 10:27 pm. "Want anything to eat?" I ask as we stopped unpacking for the day.

"How about some popcorn and a movie marathon?" Chris turns to ask me as he was positioned face-down on the bed.

"Sounds like a great idea! I'll make the popcorn." I say as I walk to the kitchen to place the bag of popcorn in the microwave. Thank goodness we also bought popcorn earlier. Maybe Chris already predicted this though?

"Sure! I'll pick out a movie." he answers as he searches for his USB in his bag. Since all his movies are in his USB, we just use it to plug it in to the TV and select something to watch from.