Chapter 13: Unfeminine

"Can I come in to your office and stay there the whole day Jade? That pathetic doctor partner of yours might make another move." I ask her using my cutest puppy dog pout to make it more effective.

"Psh!" Jade scoffs as she pinches my cheeks as I do my best to keep my eyes on the road, "He might not be able to do his research if you keep glaring daggers at him for the whole day again. Besides, you have work yourself, don't you?"

"I do... But..." I shake my head, still having doubts, "I just can't leave you alone with him."

"Relax Chris, Kelly and Hazel are there with me as well!"

"I know... But I still can't trust him!"

"Trust me, his hands are full." she jokes.

"Ha! But I bet his mind is full of you! That deceitful, arrogant, stupid little-" I couldn't finish my sentence as I was hoping for Jade to give me a comeback, but was silent. I glanced towards her direction to see that she had her hand on her chest and was doing breathing exercises. It freaked me out a bit, because she was too silent and that she had this weird look like she was in pain.

Sh*t! I am losing my sh*t right here! Is she alright?! She's a perfectly healthy girl right?! I'm the one with a heart disease!

"Jade?" I called out, but she didn't answer, "Jade? Y-You alright, nee-chan?" She then turned her face away from me to look outside the car's window. "Nee-chan?! Please don't let it-" before I could even finish my sentence, she lifted one of her hands up to signal for me to calm down and wait a minute. As I did just that, the most hilarious thing happened.

Jade gave out a loud unfeminine like burp.

"Excuse me!" she said in her low cutesy voice she'd put on whenever she'd feel embarrassed. "I guess eating two pieces of pancakes in the morning was too much after all?"

I still couldn't believe how much freaking out I went over for a single burp! But, as an answer to her last sentence, "Pfft!" I had to laugh, "Jesus! I thought you were having some kind of heart attack?!"

She lightly punched my shoulder, "Hey! I'm not you!"

"I know. I know. And correction, you only ate one and a half because I had to finish your other half of the pancake cause" I quoted, "'You were full'." Jade just blushed from the side. "And by the way, that was such an impressive burp for a girl!"

Jade then covers her face with her hands and whines from the embarrassment she was feeling. It made me laugh again at how childish she was being right now. She isn't really a girl in most ways, especially in waking up, but I've always loved her just the way she was. Girly girls were too much of a hassle for me and clingy ones were a bit scary.

"Well, we're here!" I say as I pull over. Jade thanks me, and kisses me a goodbye on the cheek. But before she closes the car door, I call out, "I'll pick you up later around 9:30 okay?"

"I might finish at 11 or 12 though?"

"That's alright, I'll wait in your office." Jade just shakes her head at me and bids me goodbye, and I do the same. "See ya later Jade!" and then I drive off as I check the rear view mirrors as she enters the hospital.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Arriving back home, I went to my music room to see if I can come up with any cool new notes, as a company has called me to compose for them for their new songs their going to use in some TV series.

I really can't concentrate in a quiet space if I have no idea what to make yet, cause my thoughts travel else where. One person that fills my thoughts everyday is Jade. I bet she'll sneeze at least once or twice a day because of always thinking about her.