Chapter 25: Red Dress

After a few more days of taking tests, Dr. Brown finally said that I was free to go. Even though Dr. Brown says there's nothing to worry about and I am better than before, I can't help but worry that something might go horribly wrong in the end. I am a worry wart, but Jade is more so.

The day after I was discharged from the hospital, Jade had her day off, so we just decided to spend the day together at home, bonding. Well, after a little shopping that is. We planned to buy ingredients to make a creamy Carbonara for dinner tonight, since I've been craving for one made by Jade in a while.

Also, while buying the ingredients, I ask of Jade if I could buy a ready made chocolate dessert, like bonbons, and she gladly accepted. And it was good that she left me alone to choose the chocolate as she shopped for other ingredients for our dinner, cause I wanted to choose something interesting and something that would really shock her taste buds.

After paying for our groceries, we headed back to the car to drive back home. Thankfully, Jade didn't question my choice of chocolates, as she heard that I bought bonbons, she was delighted enough. Jade has had them before and she looked like she was in Sweet-Tooth Heaven or something like that after eating one of them before.

Since the day was still young, we decided to make the most of it before our romantic candlelit dinner for two later on.

Jesus! Just thinking about later on is making me all excited! Haha!

We can't really move around outside too much because the weather's been really cold lately. Well, it's the last week of November! How could it not be cold? And also, Jade is such a weakling to the cold. If Elsa from Frozen isn't bothered by the cold, Jade needs at least three jackets and two pairs of thick pants to survive walking outside in this cold weather.

Jade introduced to me that Japanese heated table thingy? I think it was called a kotatsu? I bought one before even knowing it and setting it out in the winter just makes me wanna sleep inside it.

Since we couldn't do much outside, we decided to play a bit on our Xbox then watch a movie right after. It wasn't much, but we were having fun anyway. Sometime out of boredom, we took selfies and wacky pics of each other. It's the simplest things we do that makes me the most happy. And also annoying her and teasing her too.

I can't help it. I'm a guy with needs!

As it was nearing dinner time, we started to prepare the ingredients. I left the cooking to Jade and she left the decorating to me. We wanted to change today's pace and spice things up a bit. Because Jade was doing her own thing in the kitchen, I cleaned up and arranged the living room so that it might resemble a fancy restaurant.

We used the living room because our dining room is in the kitchen and it's only a little table for two which wouldn't look so fancy. Jade told me to keep things simple, but I wanted to go all-out. We even promised to wear attires that we'd normally wear when we'd eat out at some five-star restaurant.

Our living room may only have a medium sized coffee table, but we're gonna make the most out of tonight. It's kinda weird also, because it's like I'm in a Japanese household, well, I have to get used to it, since Jade is still keeping her country's culture, but it feels a little awkward for me.

Being American, I eat sitting on a chair with a normal table in front of me. But because our kitchen table wasn't suited for this endeavor, I was okay with trying to sit like a Japanese person while trying to eat at a small table for once.

I finished dressing myself up a couple of minutes ago and now Jade has finished the food and will go change herself too. I'm kind of getting a little excited just to know what kind of dress Jade might wear for tonight. Even though we're just eating at home, I'm wearing a red long-sleeved polo shirt underneath a black vest with a grey and black striped tie, black slacks, and also my pair of black derby shoes. I also waxed my hair into a sexy quiff.