Chapter 49: Gifts

March 18th. I am now two months and three days pregnant. Also, today, Chris doesn't know that I've called in absent for work today. I've got a surprise in line for him for today!

(Earlier that morning...)

I woke up earlier than usual for today, but more like the excitement woke me up since I also couldn't sleep properly last night, one: because of Chris and two: because of endless thoughts of how to prepare today.

If Chris was born somewhere around a warm Season, I could've prepared a little picnic for us to eat in the park and relax in the warm Season breeze as we'd watch the usual park scenery. But since the breeze is a little cold around this time (it may not be cold for others, but to me, it's still freezing), I came up with other indoor activities to do for today.

But first, I lay in bed, facing Chris and wait for him to wake up. Looking at his face, he looks so innocent as he is sleeping soundly. He was so adorable, I had to scoot closer to where he was laying, I couldn't help but kiss the tip of his nose too. He didn't quite react to it, but I know he was tired. He was doing his hardest to live up to the deadline of passing two great compositions yesterday. I can see it's not really easy to come up with amazing notes.

Since it was nearly eight in the morning, and I didn't want to waste a single second for today, I had to wake the poor puppy. So, I called out his name while poking his cheek. Slowly, but surely, he opened his eyes and I cheered him, "Good morning Chris~. Happy 26th birthday~!"

He then rubbed the sleep from his eyes and looked at me and smiled, "So we're finally the same age now huh?"

"Yep~!"

"Hmm... Can you get off work earlier today? I want us to go some place special. I made a reservation at eight at this restaurant."

I pouted, "There you go again, planning things by yourself. It's even your special day, yet you're the one making the plans."

"I'm sorry Jade. I will talk it out with you the next time. I promise."

"You sure?"

He then kissed me and proclaimed, "I promise on my love for you." It made me blush, but I felt giddy and hugged him tightly. "Now. Now. Why aren't you ready? It's almost eight! You're gonna be late for work. Do you wanna shower together~?"

"Sure. Let's go." I say as I get out of bed and look back to a confused Chris. "What are you waiting for?"

"I... Uh... Wasn't expecting that kind of answer. I thought you'd be all like, 'N-No way! I don't want you to see my body!' and I'd be like, 'But I've already seen all of you numerous times.' and I'd keep on teasing you and you'd get all embarrassed and I'd act all cool." he starts to explain and I snort at him.

"So I'm still gonna act tsundere? (A/N: Tsundere is a Japanese personality type for acting cold to the person they love.)" I scoff, but continue, "I mean, it is still embarrassing for you to see me naked, but we've been married for two months now and I promised that I wouldn't be shy to you about anything when we get there."

"You've matured so much, Jade." Chris sobs.

"So I was immature from the start?"

"Kinda... Cause your innocence was holding you back. But it was a cute kind of immature~!"

"Hmph! Nice save."

"Why, thank you~!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

On the way to work, I volunteered to drive, and Chris happily agreed. However, as soon as I drove past the Hospital, Chris looked at me confusingly and pointed out the obvious, "Uhm? Jade? We just passed CS?"