Epilogue

(Five years later. September 15th.)

I woke up that morning to feel something bouncing up and down my back.

"Daddy! Daddy! Daddy! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!"

"Oooff!!!" I grumble out in pain, "Five more minutes, sweetie." I complain.

"No. No. NO! Get up now! Get up now!" my little princess demands.

"Alright. Alright." I whine as I then peak at Crystal who is giving me the puppy dog eyes. Ugh! She's doing it again! I mumble to myself and roar like a beast as I grab the little girl into my arms and roll around the bed with her and covering her with the pillows.

But she went silent for a while. "Sweetie?"

No answer.

"Cupcake? You there?"

Still no answer.

"Crystal?!?!!" I yelled as I grab a hold of a pillow to scoop her out, but she pops out herself with a 'BOO!!!', startling me in the process. "Don't scare me like that!" I scold her.

"Serves you right for sleeping in on such a festive occasion~!" she crossed her arms and gave me a smug look.

I raised an eyebrow at my little darling, "And where did you learn to speak like that~?"

"Secret~!" she said as she hopped off from the bed and stood by the doorway, "Don't tell me you forgot what today is?" she pouted.

"Ughh? Trash day?" I played dumb.

"No silly! That was two days ago~!" she laughed her little angelic, childish laugh.

"Ooohh... Right! Right!" I acted, "Hmmm... So today's..?"

The little angel then ran to pounce on top of me, "It's my birthday, daddy~! How could you forget?!"

"I didn't forget, you little rugrat. If I did..." I set her on the side to get something under the bed, "I wouldn't have gotten you this~!" I beamed as I took out the big wrapped up box which had been decorated in huge happy birthday texts that looked so colorful.

Crystal gasped happily and asked if she could open the gift, but I told her only after breakfast. She pouted as she wanted to open the gift immediately, but she gave in and kept our deal.

I got her that huge, peach, teddy bear she was eyeing for weeks when we'd stroll down the town mall. She didn't ask for it as a birthday gift, but it was obvious that she took a liking to it. I wonder if she knows its the bear though?

"Thank you daddy!" She squealed as she gave me a kiss on the cheek as she ran off to the living room with the huge box in hand.

"Don't forget to thank mommy too!"

"THANK YOU TOO, MOMMY~!" she yelled as she ran to the hallway. It made me laugh, but kids will always be kids.

I then got up to do some stretches before walking into the kitchen.

And by the way, we bought a new house for us to live in and moved into it when Crystal turned one. I figured that a child should grow up in a loving home instead of an apartment.

As I stepped into the kitchen, I knocked my knuckles on the counter, and spoke to the lovely woman inside, "What's cookin' good lookin'?"

"Pancakes. Chocolate chip. Just as Crystal likes 'em." she says as she flips one over.

"Yum~!" I say before giving her a little smooch on the lips.

"I see you gave her her present."

"Yeah, but I told her to open it after breakfast."