Chapter 39: Merry Christmas

Last night, I settled things with Jade and enlightened her on her misunderstandings. It's a bit sad that Jade may confuse my surprises for her as 'cheating', but its great to know that she easily gets jealous and cares deeply for me.

And I thought I was the possessive one? Haha!

After the after-party we had with our friends at Stacey's restaurant last night, we went home together that evening and we just decided to explain ourselves a few more before preparing for bed. It was a long night of explaining, we even had a long conversation to when our wedding would be held.

Waking up this morning, I couldn't find my lovely fiancé beside me. I felt a bit lonely to be honest. Somehow, all I could think about was if Jade was still here and if she left me or not?

"Jade~?" I called out like a lost child looking for his mom. Then the scent of freshly baked waffles and maple syrup passes by, making my tummy growl in hunger. And to think I had a feast last night? Tsk tsk... My stomach isn't agreeing with me.

"Yes Chris?" says Jade as she pops out from behind our bedroom door, "I'm almost done, come in the kitchen when you're ready~!" she says so giddily. But I couldn't believe my eyes. Jade was wearing one of those Santa dresses. It's a simple one, not too short and not too revealing, which suits her. But I can't take it!

"Jade?"

"Yeah Chris?" she smiles at me bashfully, and I bury my face in the palm of my hand.

"Go and change into something more conservative." I tell her with a strict tone.

"Wha-? But why?!" she whines.

Why you ask?!

"Just change into something more decent." I still couldn't look at her.

"B-But I wore this specifically for you!" she complains, and somehow that made my heart skip a beat, and oh boy... My face is starting to heat up. Not just my face, but a certain place too.

I look at her this time, but I'm doing my best to hide my blushing cheeks with a hand. "I'm thrilled that you're all dressed up just for me on Christmas day, but can you please wear something that will get me not too excited? It's a problem."

"How is being excited a problem? Isn't that good?"

Jade... Your innocence is just too hilarious for me to handle sometimes...

I try to hold back my laughter, and try to explain, "The other kind of excited Jade." I say and she tilts her head, clearly confused. So I try to explain again, "You know... My steel rod?"

"Steel rod?" she's still confused. "I didn't even know you had a steel rod?"

I just couldn't take it! I grabbed a pillow to cover my face as I tremble from holding in the laughter that I really wanted to let out. Her innocence is sooooo cute and soooo annoying!!!

"Jade." I start as I calmed down, "Change into clothes that aren't too exciting so that I won't attack you on Christmas day. You wouldn't want to be pounced on on a Holy occasion now would you?"

Finally I got it through her thick skull, because her face blushed in a deep red. "A-Alright... Just let me finish up first before I change."

"Sure thing sweetie!" I say and she blushes even more.

"Stupid Chris!" she sticks her tongue out before rushing out to the kitchen.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A while after lunch... And yes, those waffles were our lunch, since I noticed that the time I woke up in was nearing eleven. Jade said she woke up around ten. Considering we slept at almost two in the morning yesterday, we deserved that sleep.

We wore our winter clothes out today, as it was chilly. It rarely snows in Los Angeles, but somehow I wanted to have a white Christmas with Jade. At least it snowed back where we lived in Texas, but oh well...

It's a tradition that every year on Christmas, we'd go out and walk around the parks and go have fun somewhere before touring the whole place at night to look at all the glamorous Christmas decorations. Especially in Hollywood, everything looks so magical there!

I drove us around the sights in our car as we would stop at various locations to take pictures. At the Christmas tree lane, huge Christmas tree displays in some cities, beautiful layouts of lights almost everywhere, it was so magical.

Jade would always be so happy and look so beautiful when we're having fun like this, and seeing the engagement ring on her finger, makes me even happier that we're together like this on Christmas.

After all the fun we had, we went home at around ten in the evening. I'm really glad that Jade enjoyed herself today, it was twice as enjoyable for me, since she enjoyed the whole time we were out.

As she plopped down on the sofa, clearly exhausted, I rush to our bedroom and took out my gift for her. I called her name gently as I was crouching down in front of her. She turned to look at me and I cheered, "Merry Christmas, Jade~!" as I revealed to her a wrapped up gift.

"Wait! Wait! Wait!" she giggled as she bolted up from the sofa and into her office room and also had a wrapped up present in hand. "Merry Christmas, Chris~!"

Both of us each had a small wrapped up gift for the other. Jade opted me to open her gift for me first; and as I did so, it revealed such a nice, expensive looking watch. "Since you don't really wear a watch and you use your phone to tell the time, I thought I'd buy you a decent watch that would suit you."

"Awe, thanks Jade. I love it! I'll wear it everyday." I smile at her and Jade giggles back. "Now open my gift!"

She handled it carefully and opened the gift like she was handling something fragile, and when she finally opened it, it revealed my gift for her. A silver chain necklace with a heart pendant which had a 'CJ' in the middle along with an emerald, since we both liked the color green. "Chris... This is beautiful! I-I'm lost for words."

"A thank you would do just fine." I chuckle and Jade scoffs at me.

"Of course! Thank you Chris!" she thanks me with a huge grin and looks back at the pendant, "You really know how to make gifts so special."

"That's because I'm giving them to a special person." I say and Jade blushes and she then came in to kiss me on the lips.

"Thank you Chris, you really are a sweet guy."

"Only to you, I am. May I put the necklace on you?" I ask and Jade nods as she hands me the necklace, turns around and collects her hair to the side. Her white slender neck gets to me as I calmly put the necklace on her. After I hook the necklace on, I gently kiss her neck and Jade jolts from the unexpected action and faces me with flushing cheeks.

"Wha-Wha-What'cha do that for?" she stutters as she holds the place I kissed.

I answer her seriously, "I really can't wait for the day we get married. Can't we get married right now?"

Jade then grabs my hands and brush them over with her thumbs, relaxing me, she tells me, "I can't either, but we at least have to wait for a month?" she smiles at me and I couldn't help but kiss her. After the kiss, I wrap my hands around her in a tight embrace as I kiss her head, "I love you Jade, I love you so much."

"I love you more Chris."

Jade really is the one for me...

____________________________

Hey Guys!!!

Chris and Jade are now engaged! Their Christmas was simple, fun, and cute, and a little funny at the start... LOL... XD

Thanks and Please continue to Support + Share + Vote + Comment on #TPaTNWCT~! :D

Don't keep quiet and share your thoughts~! :3

~Kurisu-chan ;*